Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who makes the shoulder holster ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A 2.75" m66-8 and a 3" m10. A pocket knife, lighter, 1 speed loader of magnum, 1 speed strip of magnums, and 2 speed strips of specials.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/433221/20210330_183408_jpg-1886590.JPG

Who makes the shoulder holster ?

Galco.

Junky leather but it was cheap on ebay
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Today was hoodie weather so it was perfect for my Beretta PX4 inox and Malkoff MDC

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Ruger Security 9, 15 in the mag and one in the pipe. I'm not going into a war zone so this should get me out of any fix I'm likely to get into... as long as I pick my shots carefully.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#6]
A Sig .380... gotta save weight. Oh and 15 spare mags :-)

Just kidding, Beretta 96D Centurian AIWB for the last several years no extra mags, but lots of range time!

Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Today I carried a Kahr in .45 ACP, 2 reloads, pepper spray.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
G17 Gen5, RM06, X300, with 2 24rd reloads.

Carried in Phlster Floodlight IWB
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Today I carried a Kahr in .45 ACP, 2 reloads, pepper spray.
View Quote

Is the pepper spray for your salads, bears, Karens...?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#10]
King Cobra Target model.  

No reloads today, but I did also carry  a WWII issue PAL Mark I combat knife.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock 43X

No reload.   Work out of my house.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Hellcat
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Kahr CW9, one reload, QSP Penguin and a Streamlight ProTac 1L.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:02:50 PM EDT
[#14]
M18

Attachment Attached File

But I might go back to my 1911, maybe.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Glock 23 + spare mag minimum, wherever.
Sometimes however I go with Glock 35.
Today, Glock 20SF + spare mag
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Dude - why buy one of the best off the shelf 1911s and cheap out on laptop security?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dude - why buy one of the best off the shelf 1911s and cheap out on laptop security?
View Quote

It's a Springfield with Wilson grips lol.

Springfield Lightweight Operator .45ACP

Wilson Combat parts:
Bulletproof Firing Pin
Bulletproof Firing Pin Stop
GI Guide rod
18.5# recoil spring
Stainless recoil spring plug
Bulletproof One-piece Magwell
Flat trigger
19# main spring
Blued pin set
Sear spring
G10 grips with medallions

Springfield extras:
Tool steel sear fitted under warranty
Pinned ejector while ^^^^ was being done

Attachment Attached File

Eta: I switched back to my 1911
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Gen 1 Arex Delta, 15-rnd mag in the gun, and a 17-rnder in my left hip-pocket.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:10:14 AM EDT
[#19]
365XL with 13 rnds (12+1)  and a 15 rnd mag as a secondary.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File

To 2 softball games and a Tball game.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#21]
S&W 2 1/2 inch 66-2 with a speed strip.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#22]
G23, one spare mag, pepper spray, flashlight, knife & a multi-tool.  Carry those anytime I leave the house.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:27:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
G23, one spare mag, pepper spray, flashlight, knife & a multi-tool.  Carry those anytime I leave the house.
View Quote

My kind of man!

Yesterday was and today will be:  S&W 638, one reload, pepper spray, knife, flashlight.   I could afford to pack in a multi-tool as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Beretta 92 compact with spare 17 round full size mag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:53:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Get something with a Mark VI type dispenser.  Very easy to deploy.    Me using pepper spray before drawing on an attacker sure got the responding police on my side!   Had I not had OC and just drawn, that maniac would have forced me to shoot him.  Of that I am sure and I'm sure it would have made the news, maybe even national news.  

I'm a bit shocked by the lack of less lethal use also, but I think it's more of an "OC is for women attitude," since even officers I have spoken with don't carry it off-duty.
View Quote

That kind of thing is why I started carrying pepper spray last year - you can deal with a mouthy jackass trying to pick a fight and potentially not have to shoot, and if you do, you've shown you were at least trying to end the confrontation.
I do feel like pepper spray should be talked up a lot more. Chuck Haggard's presentation on less-lethal options is very enlightening on how capable the stuff is.

ETA: and for me, j-frame, pepper spray, knife.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  That kind of thing is why I started carrying pepper spray last year - you can deal with a mouthy jackass trying to pick a fight and potentially not have to shoot, and if you do, you've shown you were at least trying to end the confrontation.
I do feel like pepper spray should be talked up a lot more. Chuck Haggard's presentation on less-lethal options is very enlightening on how capable the stuff is.

ETA: and for me, j-frame, pepper spray, knife.
View Quote

I don't know how well legally that works.  Someone tries to pick a fight, you walk away.  If you spray them, you've assaulted them, they can assault you in self defense, and if you shoot them @ that point, you're attempting murder.

If you walk away, they grab your arm, they've assaulted you, time to display lethal force - if they don't retreat, game on & hopefully you can articulate it well before the grand jury.

If you're having to articulate why you pepper sprayed a guy who was trying to pick a fight, who then jumped you and you shot him, if I'm a grand juror, I'm voting to send that to a petit jury to sort that out.

IANAL, but I don't carry less lethal methods of defending myself.  There's no problem until there is a problem, then it's game on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don't know how well legally that works.  Someone tries to pick a fight, you walk away.  If you spray them, you've assaulted them, they can assault you in self defense, and if you shoot them @ that point, you're attempting murder.

If you walk away, they grab your arm, they've assaulted you, time to display lethal force - if they don't retreat, game on & hopefully you can articulate it well before the grand jury.

If you're having to articulate why you pepper sprayed a guy who was trying to pick a fight, who then jumped you and you shot him, if I'm a grand juror, I'm voting to send that to a petit jury to sort that out.

IANAL, but I don't carry less lethal methods of defending myself.  There's no problem until there is a problem, then it's game on.
View Quote

Obviously you de-escalate, walk away when possible, hit them with spray if they keep at it anyway. Grabbing your arm isn't necessarily lethal force time (age/weight/infirmity could change that), but blasting pepper spray up the guy's sinuses in response to that is pretty easy to justify, and has a high probability of ending things like this long enough for you to walk away at least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I think I would want in-state legal advice before I carried less-lethal means of defense.

If it's a weak grandmother grabbing my arm, I keep walking.  If it's Jimbo, then it's go time.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Handgun-free for today.

Working from home, and I brought the FALs out for some fresh air and to keep me company.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I think I would want in-state legal advice before I carried less-lethal means of defense.

If it's a weak grandmother grabbing my arm, I keep walking.  If it's Jimbo, then it's go time.
View Quote

Pepper spray has been shown to be less hazardous to everyone involved (cops and criminals alike) than even punching them is, as people can fall back and crack their head on the pavement when hit or break bones punching people, while with pepper spray the target has burning eyes and nose for a half hour/full hour, then are back to normal. It's the less-lethal option between mean words and throwing hands, but is still highly effective. It's not the default answer to everything, it's a possible answer to things that might not merit a bullet but do merit a serious response - if it's time to shoot, then shoot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#31]
A full size Beretta APX with a spare 21 round magazine and a Kabar Mule.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
A 3 inch S&W .44 special.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:46:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A 3 inch S&W .44 special.
View Quote

Hahaha... my kinda man... I carry a M24-3 Lew Horton Special with 200gr Gold Dots, a reload, a Kershaw 3.5" Tanto-Blaked auto knife and a Streamlight Pro-Tac light a lot...

As for today, a P-01, sans reload, a Kershaw 3.5" auto knife and the Streamlight Pro-Tac... Sunday I added a pair of "Knuckles" to the mix in the back right pocket just because though...

Pic of my favorite handgun... My S&W M24-3 LHS...

Link Posted: 5/18/2021 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#34]
My daily is a ruger lcrx in 9mm with 4 moon clips in my bag.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:43:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Walther PPS, with one 8 round reload.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:  My daily is a ruger lcrx in 9mm with 4 moon clips in my bag.
View Quote

How's the recoil on that?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top