Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2019 5:11:21 PM EDT
Looking at adding a colt 38 to collection.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Both can still be found for reasonable money.  I own assorted versions of both.  I prefer the OP but either will work.  The PPS is on the small side.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:17:52 PM EDT
[#2]
@ameshawki any real difference in triggers?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that I’ve noticed.  Maybe a slight edge to the OP.  Both utilized the old style Colt lock work which not everyone likes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I own a both and just from the standpoint of shootability, I prefer the Officer's Model and Official Police sized guns. With my E.T. fingers, the extra meat on a set of target grips on a I-frame is way more comfortable than a D-frame. YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a both and just from the standpoint of shootability, I prefer the Officer's Model and Official Police sized guns. With my E.T. fingers, the extra meat on a set of target grips on a I-frame is way more comfortable than a D-frame. YMMV.
View Quote
OMMs are damn nice.   I have two.  My 38 is probably the most handgun I own.  Not cheap but still less than snakes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Official Police for me
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:26:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Official Police , is the one to get . not long ago I would see one at a gun shop maybe a clean used one, and was to cheap to get it and then they seemed to dry up and the nice one are going up and up .
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#8]
After my remorse of not getting a nice when I had the chance , I did find a real nice about 1966 67 gun .I jumped on this one .
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top