Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2022 7:55:05 PM EDT
I just bought an LCP MAX and plan on pocket carrying it when IWB isn't practical.
Usually, I carry a G43X or P365 with one in the chamber.
I'm not sure if I want to do that with a pocket carry pistol but wanted to know what the consensus is around these parts.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Always chambered.
Always in a pocket holster.
Always the ONLY thing in that pocket. i.e. no keys, nail clippers bouncing around in there with the pistol.etc.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:05:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always chambered.
Always the ONLY thing in that pocket. i.e. no keys, nail clippers bouncing around in there with the pistol.etc.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#3]
FPNI
I cary my standard LCP in a Nemesis pocket holster, one in the tube.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
DITTO
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Voted yes.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 10:00:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#8]
At this point I'm leaning towards keeping one in the chamber.
Also, looking at getting a few pocket holsters.
The Nemesis looks good, also might be getting one from Galco and Pocket Concealment Systems.

edit: added link
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:35:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Fpni. I pocket carried a lcp for years in a nemesis pocket holster and thought it was fine, when I bought my Beretta Pico I sprang for a nice leather holster from Done Hume, it’s night and day difference from the soft holster both in concealment and draw. I highly recommend it for pocket carry.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

This, right here.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Same here.

I use a Recluse holster and like it a lot. It covers the entire gun outline, and when I grip the gun the holster falls away and stays in my pocket. I have a Nemesis, but it will stay on the gun when I draw it. While it's good to have the trigger protected when in your pocket, it's bad to have it protected when you're trying to use it. I see the Pocket Concealment System holsters have hooks that help avoid that problem.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Pocket holster and ready for immediate use.

I'm not a revolver fan, that said; if one is uncomfortable carrying a semi with round chambered they would be better off with a revolver that is ready to go.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#13]
If you don't feel safe with the chamber loaded, then get a different gun. I prefer DAO for my pocket guns. Just my personal preference. Pocket holster is must no matter what though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote
This is the way. It is known.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#15]
The only gun I've ever pocket carried is a S&W Airweight I can't remember the model number but the one with the shrouded hammer. When I carry that gun it's loaded with all five rounds in the wheel and kept in a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#16]
P365 in pocket with kydex trigger cover thing on a piece of 550 cord tied to belt
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Always chambered.

This.

Also practice drawing from a pocket holster, it’s different and takes some work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 6:20:06 AM EDT
[#19]
P938 Condition 1 in a SwapRig holster that covers the safety.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
P938 Condition 1 in a SwapRig holster that covers the safety.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/31267/Sig-P938-small-228010-1492673.jpg
View Quote

I will have to get me one of those.  My Nemesis does not cover the safety.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote
QFT
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Quoting for emphasis.  This is the way.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

This makes sense.  I have never pocket carried, but meeting the third seems like a challenge.  At any given time I carry:

Keys
Wallet
phone

If I were to add my P238, it would presumable occupy my right front pocket.  That leaves left front and two back pockets for keys, wallet and phone.  How do you manage that? Keys and phone in the same pocket?  phone in a back pocket?
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

How do you manage that? Keys and phone in the same pocket?  phone in a back pocket?
View Quote

I wear cargo pants, which give me a dedicated phone pocket. (I'm guessing you'd rather not have anything banging around in the same pocket as that, either.) Currently I wear the $20 Wranglers from WalMart, but since they switched to a stretch fabric they wear out quickly. I need to find something higher quality.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#25]
a gun without a round in the chamber is basically useless

In many use cases your other hand will be busy keeping someone from killing you and buying time for your draw.

If you use a pocket holster, and keep the pocket otherwise empty, it's fine. I personally prefer either a safety or a long DA-type trigger on my pocket guns, but with a decent pocket holster there is no real worry with a LCP MAX or other lighter trigger weight gun. Take the holster out of the pocket to re-holster (good advice for pocket guns in general but more important if the trigger is lighter).
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just bought an LCP MAX and plan on pocket carrying it when IWB isn't practical.
Usually, I carry a G43X or P365 with one in the chamber.
I'm not sure if I want to do that with a pocket carry pistol but wanted to know what the consensus is around these parts.
View Quote

LCPII in a DeSantis Superfly holster.  Love it!

Come on 87%!

ETA:  Chambered, nothing else in pocket.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:19:03 PM EDT
[#27]
So I decided to carry one in the chamber and have been sporting a Galco pocket holster.
So far so good.
I either wear VERTX jeans/shorts (plenty of pockets), or cargo shorts.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

^ this
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#29]
The only thing slower than drawing a tiny gun from your pants pocket under stress would be having to chamber a round when doing so.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This makes sense.  I have never pocket carried, but meeting the third seems like a challenge.  At any given time I carry:

Keys
Wallet
phone

If I were to add my P238, it would presumable occupy my right front pocket.  That leaves left front and two back pockets for keys, wallet and phone.  How do you manage that? Keys and phone in the same pocket?  phone in a back pocket?
View Quote

You could put a clip or carabiner on your keys and clip to a belt loop.  Alternatively I like these:  Maxpedition Keyper.  I have been using them for years, they allow you to hang keys from your belt:    

Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Pocket holster. Even one of the little clip types that covers the trigger guard.

Carry nothing else in that pocket.

As safe as a belt holster if slower to draw.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You could put a clip or carabiner on your keys and clip to a belt loop.  Alternatively I like these:  Maxpedition Keyper.  I have been using them for years, they allow you to hang keys from your belt:    

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1527/5001/products/1703B1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1563963950
View Quote

Perfect for that “tactical janitor” look.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

There was a guy here, I think, that shot himself in the hand because he had keys in his pocket with his loaded lcp without a holster.  Ouch.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Always carry with one in the chamber.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Perfect for that "tactical janitor" look.
View Quote
I hear you, but to be fair I've worn mine in a business casual environment (slacks and a dress shirt, usually no tie) for years.  Just avoid having two dozen keys hanging from it and you'll still fit in.

There are also nicer versions that other companies make out of leather which may decrease the janitorial vibe...
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:36:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#39]
I drive without my seatbelt on.  I will just put it on if I am going to get in a crash.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#41]
MFFPNI!

Quoted:
Always chambered.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top