Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2020 3:46:50 PM EDT
What is your go to .22LR plinking ammo these days? I have been out of the .22 game for a while and looking to increase my inventory of bulk .22 ammo.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
CCI Blazer
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the CCI Blazer...  I use it as competition ammo for Steel Challenge RFRO also
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My mk3 lite with LCI removed Loves Rem Bucket of Golden Bullets.  So does my friends MK4 Tactical   Just happy eating those in quantity.   And they are very clean.

H
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Aguila Standard Velocity
10,000 rounds delivered last week $439.99
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aguila Standard Velocity
10,000 rounds delivered last week $439.99
View Quote

I can get Federal or CCI way cheaper. My last 5k rounds of federal was $159 delivered from TSUSA. Granted $40 of the savings was a rebate but still $200 for 5k is still great.

I typically prefer federal bulk pack. It’s copper washed vs waxed like blazer. Blazer will gum up magazines in the summer heat.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
CCI Blazer
View Quote

This in the 40 grain variety preferably but the 38 grain stuff will do!
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Federal bulk is what I mostly have in my stash.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My mk3 lite with LCI removed Loves Rem Bucket of Golden Bullets.  So does my friends MK4 Tactical   Just happy eating those in quantity.   And they are very clean.

H
View Quote

I just finished off a bucket of those. They weren’t consistent. About one in 50 sounded like a 22 short. I don’t have a chronograph but I suspect they were all over the place.

I shoot a lot of Federal bulk pack but CCI is my preferred brand.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
While I am generally not fussy, the only domestic product.22 ammo that meets my expectations for quality control is CCI
I will use cci standard, mini mags, ar tactical or blazer and they are vastly better than anything made by Winchester or Remington and imo a bit better than federal too.

If you want great quality inexpensive 22 ammo, (providing the gun you will use it in will run standard velocity) Killough shooting sports has Eley action on sale in 300 round packs that equal $2.75 per 50 plus shipping, and I have found it is very consistent and accurate and actually runs all my semi autos just fine
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just finished off a bucket of those. They weren’t consistent. About one in 50 sounded like a 22 short. I don’t have a chronograph but I suspect they were all over the place.

View Quote

Agreed .. I got a softer puff once in a Great while.   Otherwise I can hit Anything inside 25yds with them.  On sale $65 for 1500 rnds?   I forget exact # from my lazyboy.   I was also hitting pieces of clay pigeons
at 50yds from a rested pos....., same poa/poi

Ran Federal black white box this week and all good too..... said on box specifically for auto firearms

H
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends on the firearm.

I don't own any that hasn't gone bang (or pop) with any ammunition but some prefer differing brands then the general lot. Most of my stock is Aguila ammunition followed by CCI but I have many others. I use thunderbolts which is bottom of the bucket as fowlers as I clean my stuff after each use but for some reason, my single six convertible has the best accuracy using them as it's primary. As I said, depends on which firearm you use
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I finished off a bucket I had in my 15-22 with a can and it was painfully obvious that they were all over the place velocity wise.  I frequently had rounds that stayed subsonic and it was easy to tell the inconsistency of them.

To the OP's question, anything CCI is preferred, Standard velocity for subs and Blazer for supers.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 5:17:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Me too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.

Me three
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top