Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2022 3:06:00 AM EDT
I want to do a custom hi point slide. I fully realize the work will cost more than the gun, I’m ok with that. I know it’s a pretty dumb idea, also ok with that

I’m trying to find somebody to put an RMR cut in it, possibly dovetail it for suppressor sights and maybe even slide windows.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you been turned down? I’d contact a few and be upfront with what you want.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:30:43 AM EDT
[#2]
No sir, but most of the pages I’m looking at seem to list what they offer and nobody has them listed.

Maybe it’s just because they don’t expect anyone to do it though now that you mention it
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Impact machine in west Monroe Louisiana may do it. I was very impressed with the work they did on my G20. Customer service A++++! Those guys were super helpful and just looking around talking to them,  they like doing different stuff.  I’d call them and ask and see.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I’ll give them a shot. I’ve been turned down by quite a few. I’ve had to start by opening with I know the work v Gun cost is prohibitive but…..
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#6]
He doesn’t do backups just the optic cut. Already tried but thanks for the suggestion.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#7]
If you can’t find anyone else, I can do that. The RMR cut and dovetail are certainly doable.

Slide windows could be a problem. I can do the machining no problem, but the slide weight is pretty important on Hi-Point pistols because they don’t lock up in battery like most pistols do. They rely on the mass of the slide to function properly. So obviously taking a bunch of material off of the slide could be problematic depending on what exactly you had in mind.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ll send you a message with my terrible idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top