BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 67
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
You're gonna wish the RDS was lower at some point in the future.
Speaking from personal experience here, and my RDS wasn't nearly as high as yours is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
Shooting my custom 92FS tomorrow. I can't wait.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20220505_183341_jpg-2374577.JPG
Speaking from personal experience here, and my RDS wasn't nearly as high as yours is.

I'm interested to hear if you can get it zeroed that high.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By criley:
Nameless Armament received my G17 slides on Friday and they sent me an email confirming receipt that day.  Today I received an email with a picture showing the two RMRs installed on the slides and they are being shipped back today.

Can't get much faster turnaround than that!
View Quote

My experience as well
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have experience with Springer Precision?

Their forward irons plate set looks interesting. The plate does look a little chunky, though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:35:32 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

It doesn't bother me in dry fire.

I also have others.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]

It doesn't bother me in dry fire.

I also have others.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20220505_205023_jpg-2375048.JPG
View Quote

On your Glock pictured with ZEV slide.  What Iron sights are you running?  They look like the perfect height.  I'm trying to avoid suppressor height.  I loose a lot of holster options, as the sights are too tall for the sight channel.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#6]
The beretta 92 seems like a terrible rds platform.  Fantastic suppressor host though, no booster required.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
The beretta 92 seems like a terrible rds platform.  Fantastic suppressor host though, no booster required.
View Quote

There's just not much on the top of the slide to cut into. It isn't as high as it looks from the side though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dump1567:

On your Glock pictured with ZEV slide.  What Iron sights are you running?  They look like the perfect height.  I'm trying to avoid suppressor height.  I loose a lot of holster options, as the sights are too tall for the sight channel.
View All Quotes

It's Ameriglo, not sure which one, though. I transferred it from a P80 project I traded.

Originally Posted By AK-12:

There's just not much on the top of the slide to cut into. It isn't as high as it looks from the side though.

This. It looks higher than it actually is. It really isn't a problem at all. Open guns with C-mores sit higher than this setup.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Shooting my custom 92FS tomorrow. I can't wait.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20220505_183341_jpg-2374577.JPG

Holy smokes, it's a skyscraper!

Hopefully that was just a "let's throw a $10 Jerry-rigged plate on there to see what this whole red dot thing is all about."

Next step is getting either the existing slide cut or buying one that is optic ready.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Shooting with the dot higher actually makes things a bit more natural for me. The only downside is obviously size increase for concealment.

Speaking from personal experience here, it doesn't matter as much as your mind perceives it to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

Shooting with the dot higher actually makes things a bit more natural for me. The only downside is obviously size increase for concealment.

Speaking from personal experience here, it doesn't matter as much as your mind perceives it to.
View Quote
Except that for me, at my experience level with RDSs on pistols, it does.  
I had an RMRcc on my Hellcat OSP.  Naturally it needs a plate.  After a LOT of presentations (first pistol with optics) I could probably hit around 98% of the time picking up the dot on presentation.
I took the RMRcc off and put a 507K on, which goes into the OSP cut without a plate, and immediately found I was getting the dot centered in the window MUCH better.  Window size isn't much difference between the two, but the height above bore was (IMO) significantly different.  So, for me, a high RDS isn't optimal.  Maybe with more practice and experience that would change, though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I did it. KKM installed.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Expanded my setup, overall my experiences are
1 acro
2 delta point
3 rmr
4 holosun
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:35:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mister_H] [#14]

Hell yeah dude.

Can’t wait to see those groups next 25 MOA all day pistol thread.

I’m flirting with getting their G17 comped barrel next.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Mister_H:

Hell yeah dude.

Can’t wait to see those groups next 25 MOA all day pistol thread.

I’m flirting with getting their G17 comped barrel next.
View Quote

Link for the 25 MOA all day thread?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm guessing that you're a Glock fan?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
I'm guessing that you're a Glock fan?
View Quote

They work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Except that for me, at my experience level with RDSs on pistols, it does.  
I had an RMRcc on my Hellcat OSP.  Naturally it needs a plate.  After a LOT of presentations (first pistol with optics) I could probably hit around 98% of the time picking up the dot on presentation.
I took the RMRcc off and put a 507K on, which goes into the OSP cut without a plate, and immediately found I was getting the dot centered in the window MUCH better.  Window size isn't much difference between the two, but the height above bore was (IMO) significantly different.  So, for me, a high RDS isn't optimal.  Maybe with more practice and experience that would change, though.
View Quote

You proved everyone's point.

Height over bore doesn't matter to the mechanical function of the gun. If you, yourself, can't adjust to it, then don't use it; or do like every single open shooter and CO shooter that has a higher optic.... practice.

Saying it matters, outside of your own personal inability to manage it, is incorrect.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#20]
The more I shoot optics on pistols, the more I like them.  I won't buy another SD type gun without it being optic cut.  I went out and shot both optic & irons on Thursday.  My takeaway for the day was: "irons suck".

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#21]
my 507k stopped working in march. Wouldn't dim or turn off, basically the "-" stopped working. Nothing crazy, a few K rounds, dryfire, and carry over 2 years.

sent it back, 5 weeks later they sent me a brand new one. So that's fun, but now I have to go re-sight in and remember how to shoot with the dot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SquibLord] [#22]
Originally Posted By Wetfuego:
Since I can't seem to leave anything alone, I've swapped optics around.  Recently bought the SRO for the Staccato but ended up moving it to the DW and giving the MPS a shot on the Staccato.  Originally had RMRs on both guns.  Really liking the MPS so far.  The window isn't as large as the SRO, but it's larger the 507c and way larger than the RMR.  Has a slight blue tint, but nothing like the RMR.  The only downside to the MPS is that it only has 6 daytime brightness adjustments.  Shooting it indoors, I felt that there was a jump in brightness.  One setting was a bit too dim, but the next step was a bit too bright.  I'll have to see how it performs outdoors.  So far I'd say SRO > MPS > 507c > RMR.  

https://i.imgur.com/mgXLHMBh.jpg
View Quote

How has the battery held up?  I've seen very different reports depending on how brightness preference.  From what I've gathered it's better battery-wise than a P1 but worse than the P2.  I was planning on putting one on a G45 but it looks a hell of a lot better on that 2011.  I may end up copying that setup in the future, looks very cool on the P.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SquibLord:

How has the battery held up?  I've seen very different reports depending on how brightness preference.  From what I've gathered it's better battery-wise than a P1 but worse than the P2.  I was planning on putting one on a G45 but it looks a hell of a lot better on that 2011.  I may end up copying that setup in the future, looks very cool on the P.
View Quote

It's been on for about a month and a half now.  Not sure on the brightness setting, but it's up there (bright enough to see through my X300).  I'd like for it to make it a year, but I can live with at least 6 months.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Well this thread inspired me.

Are there any other options on the iron sights besides the Ameriglo GL 429's as I am looking at the FCD website and they are all black sights? I'd prefer some color on the front sight post no?

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By SkiandShoot:

Well this thread inspired me.

Are there any other options on the iron sights besides the Ameriglo GL 429's as I am looking at the FCD website and they are all black sights? I'd prefer some color on the front sight post no?

View Quote

There's plenty of options.  Ameriglo even has fronts with green or orange.  Check out their website.  XS also does taller sights.  But it depends on what you're doing.  A direct RMR/Holosun on a ZEV cut slide will allow you to use slightly taller than standard sights available from ZEV and Shadow Systems.  One of the issues you run into going with suppressor height is your holsters sight channel may not accommodate your taller sights.

You can see how low my sights are on this OZ9.  I can still see my irons through my optic.  And this will fit into any G17 holster I own.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Interesting.

Glock 19, Gen5 MOS would be the pistol.

Running RMR Type 2.

Anyone running a holster which can accommodate the suppressor level sights?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 11:06:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SkiandShoot:

Interesting.

Glock 19, Gen5 MOS would be the pistol.

Running RMR Type 2.

Anyone running a holster which can accommodate the suppressor level sights?
View Quote

I think most modern kydex holster makers will accommodate you if you don't have something that already fits.  I run an OWB holster and went with a Safariland open top paddle. It had the proper sight channel for my Gen 5 MOS 17 with Ameriglo suppressor height sights.  I think all but one of my countless G17 holster did not fit due to the front sight height.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Is anyone planning to get the Holosun SCS? I'm liking how low profile it looks.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#29]

There's plenty of options.  Ameriglo even has fronts with green or orange.  Check out their website.  XS also does taller sights.  But it depends on what you're doing.  A direct RMR/Holosun on a ZEV cut slide will allow you to use slightly taller than standard sights available from ZEV and Shadow Systems.  One of the issues you run into going with suppressor height is your holsters sight channel may not accommodate your taller sights.

You can see how low my sights are on this OZ9.  I can still see my irons through my optic.  And this will fit into any G17 holster I own.  

https://i.imgur.com/aagViIh.jpg
View Quote

Thats Beautiful!
cp
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:

Thats Beautiful!
cp
View Quote

Thanks.  That's the G17 size version with a G19 size tan grip.  It's a little short for me.  Especially when I add the magwell to that G19 grip.  It really jams your hand up into it if you've got big hands like I do.  

With the chassis system, these are pretty versatile.  But not as much as the Sig 320 though.  The best option is probably the G19 version.  You can add the G17 grip and ZEV makes a longer dust cover slide to add a G17 size upper.  So you basically have a G19,19x,17, or reverse 19x (longer slide/shorter grip).

Here's how mine normally looks.

With 19 grip & magwell.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#31]
What type of CR1632 batts are you guys running and where do you source them from?  I’m reluctant to get the Amazon cheapies due to reviews of them arriving dead and also heard that some brands can’t hold up to slide mounted recoil.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Duracell.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#33]

Thanks.  That's the G17 size version with a G19 size tan grip.  It's a little short for me.  Especially when I add the magwell to that G19 grip.  It really jams your hand up into it if you've got big hands like I do.  

With the chassis system, these are pretty versatile.  But not as much as the Sig 320 though.  The best option is probably the G19 version.  You can add the G17 grip and ZEV makes a longer dust cover slide to add a G17 size upper.  So you basically have a G19,19x,17, or reverse 19x (longer slide/shorter grip).

Here's how mine normally looks.

https://i.imgur.com/f34A5iz.jpg

With 19 grip & magwell.

https://i.imgur.com/vX5frsy.jpg

View Quote

I want a hypercomp really bad but it sucks you can only install trijicon or holosun on these
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:

I want a hypercomp really bad but it sucks you can only install trijicon or holosun on these
View Quote

I wonder if Zev does a plate option for other optics?  There cut is so low, that a plate would probably still be lower than a Glock MOS.

I bet FCD could probably make you one.

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm new to mini red dots and have only scanned the thread so may have missed it in hasty research. I'm considering a RMRcc for a 365XL. Appropriate? Do I need a plate?
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglecp] [#36]
Originally Posted By tuna92:
I'm new to mini red dots and have only scanned the thread so may have missed it in hasty research. I'm considering a RMRcc for a 365XL. Appropriate? Do I need a plate?
View Quote

Yes appreciate as heck!! Good choice !
Also yes you’ll need a plate
Cp
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By eaglecp:

Yes appreciate as heck!! Good choice !
Also yes you’ll need a plate
Cp
View Quote

Super, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CJFirefly:
What type of CR1632 batts are you guys running and where do you source them from?  I’m reluctant to get the Amazon cheapies due to reviews of them arriving dead and also heard that some brands can’t hold up to slide mounted recoil.
View Quote

Personally, I source from Battery Junction and all of my illuminated optics/RDS use whatever appropriate size Energizer battery.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:32:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradd_D] [#39]
What type of CR1632 batts are you guys running and where do you source them from?  I'm reluctant to get the Amazon cheapies due to reviews of them arriving dead and also heard that some brands can't hold up to slide mounted recoil.
View Quote
When it comes time to replace the batteries in my 3 dot guns I'll be switching to Duracell.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/4-year-study-of-red-dots-on-pistols.3072/
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
When it comes time to replace the batteries in my 3 dot guns I'll be switching to Duracell.

ttps://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/4-year-study-of-red-dots-on-pistols.3072/
View Quote

Your link was invalid for me.  I believe this is what you were trying to copy over.  Thanks though, interesting read.  I’ll get some Duracells for my handgun dots.

https://www.thearmorylife.com/forum/threads/4-year-study-of-red-dots-on-pistols.3072/
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Your link was invalid for me.  I believe this is what you were trying to copy over.  Thanks though, interesting read.  I'll get some Duracells for my handgun dots.

View Quote
Thanks. I fixed my link.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:38:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 556NAT0] [#42]
Yea I have a few. RDO handguns are amazing! Will likely do an HK P30L, SP-01 or a Beretta PX4 next. Maybe a G48.

top to bottom: 4" PDP with SRO, G19 with Leupold DPP Micro, M9A3 with RMR, G17 with HS 407C, JSD M18 with HS 509T, G19 with RMR, G19 with RMR, P365 with HS 507K
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#43]
KKM worked great first time out. Didn't have time to do an accuracy comparison but poi shift was small and no hiccups
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 556NAT0:
Yea I have a few. RDO handguns are amazing! Will likely do an HK P30L, SP-01 or a Beretta PX4 next. Maybe a G48.

top to bottom: 4" PDP with SRO, G19 with Leupold DPP Micro, M9A3 with RMR, G17 with HS 407C, JSD M18 with HS 509T, G19 with RMR, G19 with RMR, P365 with HS 507K
https://i.ibb.co/4gjYNvZ/rdo-family.jpg
View Quote

Do you have a favorite optic?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#45]
KKM vs Gen 5 marksmanship barrel.

Tomorrow - we science this

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:51:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Finally took the pistol red dot plunge. I’m excited to learn and get better.

Shitty picture is shitty.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Duffy, I think I turned one of our local PDs on to your plates for their new duty guns!

You make good stuff!
Link Posted: 5/30/2022 1:23:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Very cool.

What are your thoughts on the EOTech MRS?
Page / 67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top