Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2018 6:49:59 AM EDT
Searched and found we don't have an active thread of pistol match videos.

Regardless of your skill level or type of competition (USPSA, IDPA, Outlaw, etc), cherry pick your best stage or show us when the wheels feel off (hey, it happens to everyone ).

Include what type of competition it is, what you're shooting, and any comments you have about the match/stage.  Constructive criticism/comments welcome.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 9:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
My first 3 gun match.

USPSA from last year

3 gun from a couple weeks ago

I just go to have fun and try and improve how I work with my tools and gear. I try not to game it to much.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 1:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think there is a thread for this very topic in competitive shooting forum, but no one ever seems to go there, so I'm all for adding a thread here.  Here's a couple of mine.  First two are with a HKVP9, and the third video is with a CZ75 Shadow

2018 USPSA Area 6

2018 USPSA Alabama State Match

2015 USPSA Production Nationals
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think there is a thread for this very topic in competitive shooting forum, but no one ever seems to go there, so I'm all for adding a thread here.  Here's a couple of mine.  First two are with a HKVP9, and the third video is with a CZ75 Shadow

2018 USPSA Area 6

View Quote
You keep that VP9 so flat! Hard to see the muzzle move at all! Good stuff!
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 3:35:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2018 USPSA Area 6

LOL.  I think that's really just the camera not being able to catch the recoil.  Compared to some other pistols, the VP9 is...lively.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My first 3 gun match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeT58Dq_S24
USPSA from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7qpj4MXQb0
3 gun from a couple weeks ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UevW_PJ3iHs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmKKrZohavc

I just go to have fun and try and improve how I work with my tools and gear. I try not to game it to much.
View Quote
Nice shooting. What pistol are you using here, 1911?
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

2018 USPSA Area 6

View Quote
So what does it mean to be team hk? Do they provide the gun or ammo?  Curious as I don't get a jersey

Very nice shooting - obviously
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice shooting. What pistol are you using here, 1911?
View Quote
My Springfield loaded in the 3 gun shoots and my Beretta compact in the uspsa
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So what does it mean to be team hk? Do they provide the gun or ammo?  Curious as I don't get a jersey

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2018 USPSA Area 6

It means you get the pleasure of shooting some awesome guns in competition, that aren't designed to be competition guns

In actuality, I have had a relationship with HK for about 6 years now, and I shoot their stuff off and on.  I also do a lot of their videos for them.  If you go to HK USA's website and click on 'newsroom,' and then 'video gallery,' I'm the guy in most of the videos.  I also get to go to SHOT Show (on my own dime) to work the booth and run the range on media day.  It's a fun, symbiotic relationship.  While the HK folks are good people, many of them aren't 'gun people' so when they are doing a product demo, or shooting a video, they need someone who can say 'no guys, that's not the way that goes in real life,' or 'operators don't really operate that way, operationally.'  They reimburse me for my time in product, and I get to play with some cool toys.  They don't really care if I shoot their guns exclusively, so one match I may be shooting a P30L, and the next I might have a CZ in my holster.  And the jersey.  I get to wear the jersey.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
That is neat Raz.

So, this is not a "greatest hits" stage but here is one from Sat at a local outlaw / idpa-ish match. Gotta use cover but lax on guns, dropping loaded mags, etc.

First time using a red dot.  Mounted Thursday, zeroed and shot on Saturday.  In general I like it but room for improvement. At this point I think I could have shot this stage better with irons.   5 stages only down 17 points in total, 10 of which were below.

Constructive feedback welcome. Down 10 points, 5 or which was an inexcusable missed headshot (hit cardboard but didn't break perf ... I blame dot newness ).

Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That is neat Raz.

So, this is not a "greatest hits" stage but here is one from Sat at a local outlaw / idpa-ish match. Gotta use cover but lax on guns, dropping loaded mags, etc.

First time using a red dot.  Mounted Thursday, zeroed and shot on Saturday.  In general I like it but room for improvement. At this point I think I could have shot this stage better with irons.   5 stages only down 17 points in total, 10 of which were below.

Constructive feedback welcome. Down 10 points, 5 or which was an inexcusable missed headshot (hit cardboard but didn't break perf ... I blame dot newness ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJvqLjHNM78
View Quote
Nice job!  How are you liking the dot?  I know when I first tried a dot on an open gun, I found I really had to hunt around for the dot sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh what the hell, I'll bite.  First stage of the first match of the season.  Been working hard on position entry and exit and shooting on the move this year as this video clearly shows the need for.

Here's me choking on some steel.  Should've drawn to the steel and exited on the easy target.  Also should have taken the second array on the move.  I'm learning......

Link Posted: 6/26/2018 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot my first match Sat before last. Just a local steel match but it's a great way to get started in the sport. Plus I cam in 2nd place

Shooting in Carry Optics with a Glock 19.3 with ATEi slide and RMR06. There was a first stage but I forgot to have my buddy film it.

BRSP Steel Challenge 16JUN18 Stage 2 Fifth Pass

BRSP Steel Challenge 16JUN18 Stage 3 Second Pass

BRSP Steel Challenge 16JUN18 Stage 4 Fifth Pass
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:03:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice job!  How are you liking the dot?  I know when I first tried a dot on an open gun, I found I really had to hunt around for the dot sometimes.
View Quote
I have a small fleet of g19s and I can draw with my eyes closed - when I open them the sights are lined up.

so the dot so far has been pretty simple to pick up.

Friends mp wasn't as quick for me
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Highlights from last years FB3G match.

FB3G
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah it's a carbine at a pistol match...

Atlas Gunworks Area 7 PCC win

I have many pistol shooting videos on my channel.

USPSA president Mike Foley shot with me and my crew on staff day, I experienced a catastrophic failure on the third stage we shot, but I was able to pull off 7 stage wins and the match win.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
While the HK folks are good people, many of them aren't 'gun people' so when they are doing a product demo, or shooting a video, they need someone who can say 'no guys, that's not the way that goes in real life,' or 'operators don't really operate that way, operationally.'  
View Quote
So you're the one responsible for this?!  
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#17]
We need more competition on this site
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shooting another steel match Sat so I'll have more video soon
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why would we need that when we have 21 page threads on barrel nut grease.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 3:21:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2eqasz7.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While the HK folks are good people, many of them aren't 'gun people' so when they are doing a product demo, or shooting a video, they need someone who can say 'no guys, that's not the way that goes in real life,' or 'operators don't really operate that way, operationally.'  
http://i58.tinypic.com/2eqasz7.jpg
LOL. That was before my time, thankfully, but is exactly the reason they have me, and the other folks on the team, help out. The marketing folks learned a painful lesson with that one--and one they may never live down.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I shot my first 'run and gun' earlier this year up at Rockcastle.  It was a lot of fun, and I'll definitely do it again next year.  Gotta do more leg workouts, though--the hills killed me.

Rockcastle 10k run and gun
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
@ehudbengera

well ... we're waiting
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@ehudbengera

well ... we're waiting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ehudbengera

well ... we're waiting
It’s actually tomorrow. For some reason the July matches are on sundays.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]
They have yet to post the results so I’m not sure how I placed.

BRSP Steel Challenge 01JUL18 Stage 4 Third Pass

BRSP Steel Challenge 01JUL18 Stage 4 Fifth Pass
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Recording actually plays an excellent role in analyzing ones shooting and putting it in perspective.

When the timer beeps, in my mind, its is bang, bang....bang, bang....bang, bang....bang,bang as I run through the course.

Someone offered to video tape a round with my phone.

Once the round was over and watched the playback it was more like bang.....bang............bang.........bang.........bang................bang.

I was thinking, "WTF, is this on slow motion?!?!?!"
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:37:03 PM EDT
[#26]
This is an IDPA-like outlaw match stage from a little over a year ago

http://x98c.info/public/20170204-stage1-composite-ff.mp4
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Recording actually plays an excellent role in analyzing ones shooting and putting it in perspective.

When the timer beeps, in my mind, its is bang, bang....bang, bang....bang, bang....bang,bang as I run through the course.

Someone offered to video tape a round with my phone.

Once the round was over and watched the playback it was more like bang.....bang............bang.........bang.........bang................bang.

I was thinking, "WTF, is this on slow motion?!?!?!"
View Quote
Totally agree with this. At first, I thought the videos would just be cool to watch.

But I soon learned what I remembered of the stage and what actually happened were
not congruent

I saw a lot of bad habits I would not have been aware of otherwise and worked to remediate them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#28]
For the sake of comparison (for those considering getting into handgun shoots) here are a few NRA Pistol match videos:

National Pistol Competitive Shooting

2010 NRA National Pistol Championships

NRA national pistol Matches 2015 Camp Perry
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#29]
First rounds ever through this Glock 40 MOS, at the buzzer in USPSA

First ever rounds through my Glock 40 MOS that I bought yesterday from last night.

Got 4th in limited
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Must go faster....

Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#32]
2018 U.S. IPSC Nationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxXQ6WUnc2o

2018 Battle in the Bluegrass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0BTBfo9qQ
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
2018 U.S. IPSC Nationals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxXQ6WUnc2o

2018 Battle in the Bluegrass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0BTBfo9qQ
View Quote
You're trying to make us feel bad aren't you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Consider it motivation.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Consider it motivation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Consider it motivation.
Absolutely. Great shooting!
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#37]
From a while ago......
Fury Bulverde: Reshoot of the garage home invasion stage.

USP 9

Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#38]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEXdQY5Y_s
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeEXdQY5Y_s
View Quote
RBGC USPSA 8.25.18 Tyler Turner
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 7:41:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Rotator cuff surgery has kept me from recent matches but where are some videos of you guys competing!?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#42]
High Desert Classic New Mexico
NM
Area 2 AZ
AZ
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:32:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Rotator cuff surgery has kept me from recent matches but where are some videos of you guys competing!?
View Quote
Sunday
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:43:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Good time today. Small group sped things up which was nice. RO was an arfcomer

I only shot so so. My shooting has definitely gone down hill this past year. I just don't have the time I used to
Bradford USPSA, NOV 18, 2018

Bradford USPSA NOV 18, 2018

Bradford USPSA NOV 18, 2018
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#46]
@03RN : I don't know - looks pretty good to me.

But, I feel your pain.  Got to the range for the first time after rotator cuff surgery 6 weeks ago (don't tell my ortho ... he used a collagen patch and I think it accelerated my healing).  Drawing from a holster is still a little spicy and I'm still new to RMR ... < 1,000 rounds.

Trying to practice shooting on the move and quick hits after getting in the box.  Not a competition but here's a vid anyways.  Several runs of this particular setup; all around :11.2 - :11.6
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks, my biggest problem I think was my holster being canted. I think that's what caused me to not disengage the grip safety twice.

Good shooting

I wouldn't worry to much about 9mm post op but if you are then it might be a good time to get a .22 trainer. For shooting on the move drills I think it would be perfect.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Now that the outdoor season is over, how about posting some videos from the shoots you attended during the shooting season?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top