Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2018 1:38:58 PM EDT
I had to edit post to add 9mm only, don't know how I missed this ! I'm going to buy one in the next few weeks and have narrowed it down to a few . The Kimber Pro Carry , the Ruger SR, The Colt in steel or LW. And the Springfield range officer champion elite. Have I left any others out? The 4"bushingless vs 4.25" bushing barrel does not bother me. My other Kimbers have been flawless and my eyes work better with their rear sight better than most any other Pistols out there. I probably trust the Ruger more than any of the others. I hear the steel framed Colt is more controlable than any of the LW guns plus it's an all black/dark finish which I want. But I keep coming back to the Springfield which I think looks the best and comes with 4 mags and other goodies. But looks ain't everything.  The Kimber and Ruger I can pick up on my lunch hour. The other two will be Gun broker buys. What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Got 2 myself, SA RO Elite Champion in 9mm and a Kimber Pro CDP 2 in 45.
Only sad thing is they haven't been transferred yet
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I deliberated on this very subject awhile back and went with Colt Combat Commander all-steel .45acp.
There's just something about that prancing pony, being an original Colt, and the latest iteration has gotten great reviews.
It came down to Colt and the Dan Wesson Valkyrie but couldn't justify the extra gold coin for a handgun. I paid in the mid 800's for it.
I expect to take delivery this week can hardly contain myself.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Magnum Research 9mm 4-1/4" 1911, that I  love. It shoots very nice. For my enhance carry course I shot 499 out of 500 pts possible. It's smooth as silk.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Ranger officer champoin is what I would buy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my Springfield Champion Operator. It's great to carry. If I were adding another I'd think about a LW Ruger or Colt too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:25:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a Springfield LW champion operator that was flawless.   I only sold it to go back to carrying a G17... That mistake has been rectified.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Do whatever you can to stretch the budget just $300 and get this 1911 made in the Colt Custom shop. IT IS WORTH IT.

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Wife has Ruger CMD 9mm lightweight 1911.
Factory recoil spring too light, sluggish slide return and plunger tube spring also needed more force.
Replaced both springs and put slight detent on thumb safety to make a more positive disengagement.

Pistol now has fired about 300 rounds no problem, including 147 HST +P and 124 Golden Saber +P.

Wife said Glock 19 has more felt recoil than the Ruger.

She also said she thought she could handle more recoil, so she will try Ruger CMD lightweight 45 this weekend.

Edit to add: ramped barrel in 9mm Ruger.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Up your budget $100 and get the used DW Valor on Bud's used section.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Ruger gets my vote.  Damn nice for the money.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do whatever you can to stretch the budget just $300 and get this 1911 made in the Colt Custom shop. IT IS WORTH IT.

https://i.imgur.com/CgBSgXd.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/dJvMa5Z.jpg?2
View Quote
You have to provide the details on this pistol.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:53:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a RO Champion in 9MM and its a great little gun, good accuracy and little recoil, no issues from it to speak of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top