Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2020 10:32:17 PM EDT
Bought it online and picked it up today.  Took it the range and put some quick finger nail polish on it to match my LCP II.

The magazines are a cool little design, they're not single stack or double stack but somewhere in between.  The safety is cool, I didn't even use it until I wanted to and never turned it on accidentally. It's easy to turn off and harder to turn back on. I put a little bit of CLP on it and shot it.  I used the slide release the whole time and the only problem with it was the slide not completely closing on the very first round.

I first shot 100 rds of Minimags, I had 3 failures to fire, they all fired on the second try.  Then I fired 100rds of Armscor nickel plated HPs, I also had 3 failures to fire, 2 fired the second time, 1 would not fire at all.  Then 100rds of Federal Automatch, two failures to fire that fired on the second try, one time the slide locked back early with two rounds left in the magazine.  I put a little CLP on it at this point and then fired 100 rds of minimags with no problems.

I think it will do better in the future, hopefully just needed a little breaking in.  I would have shot more but didn't have time.  Looks and feels just like the LCP II in .380, it might even be a tad heavier.  I really like the safety, I might even consider it if they release it on the .380.

Link Posted: 1/25/2020 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Good report ! Thanks !
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Took it to the range today but forgot my .22 ammo.  

I had 80 rds of auto match that fired perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, keep us updated please.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#4]
A great way to practice micro gun drills!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the rest of my magazines in the mail today and took it out for a quick trip.

200 rounds of Mini mags with zero issues and another 100 rds of the Armscor nickel HP, 1 rd was identical to the one pictured above and apparently had no priming compound.  Other then that, no issues.  Total of 700rds so far, with no failures other than the Armscor mentioned in the last 400.

I don't plan on shooting mini mags all the time, so next time I go out I will try various bulks packs and see if it does as well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you get your spare magazines from Ruger or no?
Just purchased one from my lgs today.
I didn't realize they only come with the one mag.
lgs didn't have any mags anyway though.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get your spare magazines from Ruger or no?
Just purchased one from my lgs today.
I didn't realize they only come with the one mag.
lgs didn't have any mags anyway though.
View Quote
I used a 20% off coupon from a previous Ruger purchase to get a two pack from ShopRuger.com.  Cost me $47.16 shipped. ($23.58 each)
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I got a 2-pack on the EE for $40 shipped and another 4 from Buds (plus some other stuff) for $66 + $12 shipping.

For a training 22 pistol I think 7 is more than enough.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:10:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.
I'm wanting another .22 for my kid and am kind of leaning toward this over the G44.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Well I shot mine today.
Kind of less then impressed.
The sites blow.

Ammo that didn't work.  CCI mini mag 36 gr hp.  Failure to fire and some feed issue.  Fed 40 classic plated round nose the same.

Ammo that worked fine.  Aguila three different kinds. geco norma  And a shocker Federal auto match.

No accuracy testing. It's clear this is a belly/ coup de gras pistol and firing was done with the window down heater on.

I need to borrow OP's idea of painting the sites.
There is an area that could use a bit of polishing around the chamber.
I need to take out the firing pin and make sure there are no chips left over to cushion the firing pin.
I may try to blue the barrel hood. Some stainless will blue.

Also had a spring break on my Webely which I also took with.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#11]
2 pack for $40 delivered from mag Shack

https://www.themagshack.com/shop/cart/
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Meister-

I can't recommend painting the sights enough.

I don't know about the feeding issues but I had failure to fire issues that went away after a couple hundred rounds.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#13]
All the paint I had was white.
Snowy ground white front site.
So I never painted it.
I'll have to get something better.
The stainless that the barrel is made of would not blue so if anyone was wondering.
Took the firing pin out and cleaned the hole.
Interesting, the extractor has an elongated hole threw it for the pin.
Polished a few things.
We'll see.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#14]
What I found works best for paint is pure white on all the sights, then I put a coat of florescent orange on the front sight.  The white underneath helps the orange be brighter.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Put more rounds through it today, total round count is 1200.

First shot 100 rds of mini mags, had 3 Failures to fire.  Then 200 rounds of automatch with another 3 failures to fire, followed by 100rds of Federal red bulk pack with 1 failure to fire.

Pretty frustrating with the failures to fire. I thought I had them worked out but apparently not, they might be light primer strikes?  They almost all go off on the second try.  Wish I knew what the problem was.  I'll give it a very good cleaning and if that doesn't help I'm not sure.

ETA: Looking around online it looks like light strikes seem to be a common issue, I submitted a ticket online.  It's not a deal breaker but if they release updated parts that fix it that would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

Picked up mine today and went to the range. Picked through my 22 stash to see what would run and what wouldn’t. Didn’t have time to shoot them all. Shot three mags of the following loads:
CCI MiniMag 36 grain- no issues
CCI MiniMag 40 grain- no issues
CCI Subsonic HP- no issues
CCI Standard Velocity- no issues
CCI Velocitors- locked the slide back on every shot
Winchester Super Suppressed- numerous fail to fire and feed
Aguilar SSS- no issues
Federal AE- numerous fail to fires

Lubed it with Cherrybalmz Rimfire Remedy. All shooting was at a steel torso plate @ 50 yard. Crazy easy to hit it. I did shoot a mag of the CCI MiniMag 36 grain at 7 yards to check zero on paper. I could not have made it better zeroed if I would have had adjustable sights. I truly was amazed that the sights were that regulated.

The mags were difficult to load. Comes with a pocket holster the fits nicely in my back pocket.

Now if they’ll just make one in 32acp I’ll be in hog heaven.
ETA: Sent Ruger a “Tell the CEO” message for a 32 LCPII.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/116433/128C474A-2AC8-41CA-B381-48377F70DEAF_jpe-1257869.JPG
Picked up mine today and went to the range. Picked through my 22 stash to see what would run and what wouldn’t. Didn’t have time to shoot them all. Shot three mags of the following loads:
CCI MiniMag 36 grain- no issues
CCI MiniMag 40 grain- no issues
CCI Subsonic HP- no issues
CCI Standard Velocity- no issues
CCI Velocitors- locked the slide back on every shot
Winchester Super Suppressed- numerous fail to fire and feed
Aguilar SSS- no issues
Federal AE- numerous fail to fires

Lubed it with Cherrybalmz Rimfire Remedy. All shooting was at a steel torso plate @ 50 yard. Crazy easy to hit it. I did shoot a mag of the CCI MiniMag 36 grain at 7 yards to check zero on paper. I could not have made it better zeroed if I would have had adjustable sights. I truly was amazed that the sights were that regulated.

The mags were difficult to load. Comes with a pocket holster the fits nicely in my back pocket.

Now if they’ll just make one in 32acp I’ll be in hog heaven.
View Quote
Glad you got a good one!  Atleast so far.  

I have an odd hankering for a .25ACP double stack version.  

An LCP II with 10+1 of a more reliable centerfire cartridge sounds awesome!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I had submitted a ticket asking that if they changed the parts to please let me know.

They sent me an email with instructions today for returning it to the factory.  I don't know if that's necessary.  I'm going to to shoot it again and see how it does.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 2:13:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had submitted a ticket asking that if they changed the parts to please let me know.

They sent me an email with instructions today for returning it to the factory.  I don't know if that's necessary.  I'm going to to shoot it again and see how it does.
View Quote
Yeah I have had the firing pin out of mine to make sure it was clean.
The chisel end had the bottom of the tip ground a smidge.
Looks like one of those things that could be over done and is probably done by hand.
Also the firing pin itself is not magnetic.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Took mine to the range today along with a few other handguns. I had some old Federal Spitfire hyper velocity rounds to try it with. Big mistake. out of twenty rounds tried only 4 of them fired. FP hits looked very light. I went back out to the counters and bought a box of Mini Mags and went through all of them without a problem. Accuracy was on par with my 9mm handguns at comparable ranges. I expect that is because I put a layer of white paint followed by a two layers of fluorescent yellow on the front sight. I am going to try the Spitfire ammo in my S&W M18 and see how it does.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks like one of those things that could be over done and is probably done by hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another forum I'm on. A guy broke his FP. Lots of dry firing with no snap caps

Ruger sent him one.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:02:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Ruger sent him one.
View Quote
I'll dig out my manual but I think it says that it can be dry fired.  I only dryfire 22s with snap caps though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:45:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll dig out my manual but I think it says that it can be dry fired.  I only dryfire 22s with snap caps though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ruger sent him one.
It does say that.

But he's got a nice divot on his barrel face and a FP with no tip.

Personally I always use snap caps on a rimfire.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Shot mine for the first time today, CCI Standard 40gr and Federal American Eagle 38gr, no issues. Like this little gun a lot!
Link Posted: 9/12/2020 2:25:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Did it come with a pocket holster like the 380?
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Did it come with a pocket holster like the 380?
View Quote

Mine did

Ive been using a Polecraft kydex holster all summer as well.  I think it was $19 off Amazon.  Aiwb in basketball shorts.  Pretty happy

I think I've had 5 misfires in mine since I bought it. I was shooting it alot til the local range closed. +/- 1000rds.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top