Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2021 7:19:35 PM EDT
I’m intrigued by the phlster floodlight holster as a lot of my guns have tlr 1’s on them but understand it’s designed for AIWB Carry.

I’m a fat boy and just can’t do AIWB.  I Carry all my Guns strong side at the 3-4 o’clock position. Does anyone carry the phlster floodlight this way?  Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Description on their website states it's good for strong side carry as well as AIWB.

I would personally recommend taking off the claw if you're not carrying AIWB. For me personally, the claw is excellent in an AIWB setup, but a pain strongside IWB.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Description on their website states it's good for strong side carry as well as AIWB.

I would personally recommend taking off the claw if you're not carrying AIWB. For me personally, the claw is excellent in an AIWB setup, but a pain strongside IWB.
View Quote

I've got a few tenicor holsters.  I've toyed with them & if you take the claw off they work for iwb vs aiwb.  If you want one I'd recommend the Certum 3.  @ttushooter  What kind of pistol/light combo do you plan on carrying?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought their AIWB floodlight (TLR-1 version), tried to AIWB carry and realized I friggin hate AIWB. So I modified it with chicago-screws instead of their bungee-strap thing and put OWB style belt loops on it. I haven't 'actually' worn it yet, but the proof of concept (basement testing) seems promising.

I too own a lot of guns, some with the TLR-1. So this holster made sense to keep things standardized, it does fit a variety of sizes/frames, as long as they got a TLR-1, it should work...

With TLR-1 it fits my:
Tanfoglio Stock III
Tanfoglio Witness Full-size (9mm)
Glock 19G4

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top