BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2023 3:45:31 PM EDT

5.6" ported barrel.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Indeed.    Review for folks interested:

New Smith & Wesson Performance Center M&P 10mm Review ????

or

Link Posted: 5/19/2023 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I want a 6” barrel.  No ports.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I purchased one last week. Still trying to make it to the range to try it out.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Trigger still very gritty on mine, just like the other M&P tens.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I’ve only dry fired mine so far. I’m used to 1911’s and great triggers, but mine doesn’t seem gritty when dry firing. Once I get past the long take-up, and hit the wall, it’s decent. And reset is pretty good. According to advertising on the PC 10mm w/5.6” barrel, the PC has “fine tuned” the trigger. Time will tell.

I’m more concerned about some of the reviews of FTF of certain types/brands of ammo. It sounds like a lot of the 4.0” & 4.6” need a stronger spring (22# or 24#) due to slide velocity, but I’m wondering if the longer slide will make any difference?  The ported slide for the PC 5.6”  probably isn’t that much heavier. Switching to a heavier spring isn’t a big deal to me. I reload, so I can match a spring to my loads, once I settle on a load.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a big 10 mm fan . I bought one of the S&W performance center M&P 10 mm 2.0 pistols and was severely disappointed with it. I could not get it to function 100% with any factory full 10 mm power ammo, including my hand loads ( 180 grain HTP over Longshot at 1275 fps ) that function flawlessly with my S&W 1006, Glock 20 with a 6 inch KKM barrel, Glock 20sf with factory barrel ,and my old discontinued Springfield 6 inch Omega . I got lucky and was happy to be able to sell it for a $50.00 loss to a guy at Ben Avery range here in Arizona . I let him shoot it and told him it was finicky with ammo . At the price of the performance center 10 mm you would think S&W would be better. My S&W 1006 is 30 years old and has never failed to function flawlessly . S&W needs to get it's Quality better IMHO . If Glock can do it  S&W should be able to .
Link Posted: 8/11/2023 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm a big 10 mm fan . I bought one of the S&W performance center M&P 10 mm 2.0 pistols and was severely disappointed with it. I could not get it to function 100% with any factory full 10 mm power ammo, including my hand loads ( 180 grain HTP over Longshot at 1275 fps ) that function flawlessly with my S&W 1006, Glock 20 with a 6 inch KKM barrel, Glock 20sf with factory barrel ,and my old discontinued Springfield 6 inch Omega . I got lucky and was happy to be able to sell it for a $50.00 loss to a guy at Ben Avery range here in Arizona . I let him shoot it and told him it was finicky with ammo . At the price of the performance center 10 mm you would think S&W would be better. My S&W 1006 is 30 years old and has never failed to function flawlessly . S&W needs to get it's Quality better IMHO . If Glock can do it  S&W should be able to .
View Quote

S&W clearly tuned this model to run on lighter FMJ plinking ammo.  With the huge spread in energy between light plinking and full power 10mm loads, I think we need to accept that some tuning may be required, especially if we add the extra weight of an optic on the slide.  

I'm wondering why didn't you try a heavier spring, instead of dumping it entirely?
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I still haven't found a suitable holster for this pistol.  Does anyone know what options are out there?
Link Posted: 8/20/2023 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine isn't gritty.  My first M&P 2.0 (around 5 years ago) was very gritty, so it has an Apex now.  This one isn't quite up to Apex standards, but it's good enough that I probably won't replace it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mine isn't gritty.  My first M&P 2.0 (around 5 years ago) was very gritty, so it has an Apex now.  This one isn't quite up to Apex standards, but it's good enough that I probably won't replace it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is the 10mm 5.2” PC M&P better than the 10mm 6.2” Glock 40?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a S&W forum; I don't think its purpose is to argue about which brand is best.  

But since you asked, the M&P PC is 5.6, not 5.2.  And it has better ergos, a better trigger, and a ported barrel.  If you want to argue about that further, take it to GD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top