Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 12/6/2018 2:49:11 PM EDT
I picked up a Colt SA Army yesterday at a pawn shop.  I won't tell you the price I paid yet...but I'm pretty sure I stole it

Serial number is in 44,000 range, so 1967 manufacture 2nd Generation. 357 Mag, 4.75" bbl.  Blued/case hardened frame.

It has a fair bit of light scratches and signs of wear on it, but functions fine.  Not entirely sure how to grade it...my amateur estimate puts it at 60-70%, Good-Fair.

Blue Book of Gun Values puts it at around $800-$900...is that a fair real-world valuation?

Here is a quick picture, but I can add more if you guys need them.

Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That is the perfect length, perfect caliber.  Do want.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is the perfect length, perfect caliber.  Do want.
View Quote
I bought it because the price was too good to pass up...and it will make a good prop to play with when I play Red Dead Redemption 2.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just my opinion that gun looks pretty nice and any functional SAA in good shape is worth about a grand.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 2:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just my opinion that gun looks pretty nice and any functional SAA in good shape is worth about a grand.
View Quote
It's got a few scratches on it that would happen during normal carry/use, but nothing major.  I'm going to tear it down tonight and give it a thorough cleaning.

The bolt (I think that is the correct part name...the part that locks the cylinder in position) looks a little worn to me.  The leading edge of it has a bevel on it that I don't think should be there, and allows too much play in the cylinder.  Please correct me if this is normal.

BTW, I paid $380 for it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Agree, that is a $1000 Colt.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Dude, at $380 what you did not only qualifies as stole it, you flat out raped them, burned their house down AND stole their shit!

As others have mentioned, that is a $800 to $1000 pistol.  Even more if it came with the stag grips and the stag is real.

MLG
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep in mind the bolt is a part best replaced by hand fitting by someone who knows single actions. I tried to fit one to a Colt in the past and it never fit right, I sold the gun with full disclosure but if I had kept it a trip to a smith like peacemaker specialties would have been in order.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dude, at $380 what you did not only qualifies as stole it, you flat out raped them, burned their house down AND stole their shit!

As others have mentioned, that is a $800 to $1000 pistol.  Even more if it came with the stag grips and the stag is real.

MLG
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice find.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#10]
what part of AZ is this pawn shop?  Every pawn shop I have been to in this state would have a beat up .22 SAA for that price.

Can't see the pic but 60-70% is kinda beat up.  For whatever reason, gun grading at least on modern mfg. guns is not a linear thing.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#11]
All I see is a black box. Please put the pic back up .
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top