Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2020 11:26:21 PM EDT
If only I had found this archived thread from 2017 before I placed my order: https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/What_would_you_do_Issues_with_Patriot_Holsters_and_their_business_practices_/5-1973598/

Now it's 2020, and the company is still pulling the same crap - some of the very same excuses mentioned above, like how many LEO/Mil orders they have and that they are working on training some new staff to help them catch up with the backlog, plus the timely addition of how busy they are homeschooling their 3 children due to COVID-19.

I know that many custom holster makers have been dealing with a deluge of demand and have been running longer than usual to fulfill orders. But in the case of Patriot, there seems to be long-standing mismanagement going back years, coupled with piss poor customer service. In my case, I had to file a PayPal dispute just to get their attention, and even still, they seem to be clinging to the idea that orders can't be cancelled once placed...even though refusing to cancel and provide a refund after missing the represented shipping time is a clear violation of the FTC mail order rule. So bottom line, Patrick and Tabitha just don't get how to run a company and take care of customers. Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's an update and my final review on PatriotHolsters.net. After a few days of waiting and applying some pressure, I got PatriotHolsters.net to take this issue seriously. 93 days after placing my order, they finally cancelled it as I requested and issued a refund through PayPal. I hope the takeaway they got here is, even if you repeatedly claim that the lead times advertised on your web site are "estimates", it creates a reasonable expectation in a customer's mind that they will receive the product when stated. And applicable law says as much.

If PatriotHolsters.net had been proactive in communicating about my order and contacted me weeks ago to let me know that it was going to be a couple weeks longer, things probably would have turned out a lot differently. But expecting customers to wait indefinitely without any communication while you are holding their hard-earned money is not a responsible or respectful way to do business.

In the email I received from one of the co-owners letting me know they were processing a refund, she wrote, "We may not be the best at "customer service" but we are great at making holsters." I wish them the best of luck hanging their family's future on that branding statement.

Bottom line, I give PatriotHolster.net credit and thank them for doing the right thing for cancelling and refunding my order as requested. But given my experience and the experience that some others have shared going back years, you can probably do better ordering elsewhere. Personally, I have had great experiences with Vedder and Bravo Concealment, and going way back, Sidearmor and X-Concealment. Making Kydex holsters is not rocket science and neither is taking care of customers the way that you would want to be treated in similar circumstances.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, Sidearmor?  Havent heard that name in years, they used to be big on glocktalk.  The owners mismanaged Sidearmour into obscurity.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wow, Sidearmor?  Havent heard that name in years, they used to be big on glocktalk.  The owners mismanaged Sidearmour into obscurity.
View Quote

I went with them a long time ago due to them being one of a few companies making left handed holsters for Glocks with lights. Checked out their website, they truly are clinging on. Too bad about Patriot holsters, but by looking at their "about us" photos, he looks Corey with a dremel tool. lol
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow Patriot holster was local to me (use to live around Huntsville). I always saw the car they have decked out around town and always told myself to get a holster from them. I guess I won’t be doing that anytime soon...
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Talon Retention Systems in Kalispell, MT.  High quality, made in days not months.  High quality holsters made with better materials than the crap from Amazon.  www.talonretention.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top