Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2022 10:55:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JHardballer]
If you are building a Para Ordnance Warthog frame (like the frames sold by SARCO); the grip screw size is as follows:  6-48 TPI x 3/16.  I went to my local True Value hardware store and purchased eight O-Rings at .29 cents a piece and eight grip screws at .59 cents a piece.  The total cost was $7.00 total.   I hope this helps any builders.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Is there a kit they sell to finish the frame?  I've been wanting a warhog for a while. @Jhardballer
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, JD.

I just picked up a low mileage used Warthog from somewhere around 2004, and getting it running well.

The spare/proprietary parts for these things seems to be Sarco and Numrich, and these are sparce.   I found the mag catch and trigger shoe/bar, as the primary frame specific parts.  I have not checked too many other parts for uniqueness.

EGW sells an oversize extractor to replace the Para Power Extractor, which I am not fond of.  EGW also sells a 3" 1911 recoil assembly that fits a lot of different models, and fits the Warthog perfectly.  You can then use ISMI off the shelf springs.

I had a P10 way back in the day, and it's funny I have come back to it.  Once I wring things out, it will definitely be carried.  It's a crazy little beast, and super simple to belt or AIWB.

Craig
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m curious on these too.  What the scoop with mags (specifically 9mm)?  IIRC Warthog & P10 (or is it P12 for 9mm?) mags are same-same?

Also, assuming the longer mags fit - anyone make sleeves for ‘em that do a decent job extending the grip?
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#4]
FC,

I cannot specifically address the 9mm mags, but in the 45 size, the mag situation is a little goofy.  When you buy from Sarco/Numrich/Ebay, in the 45 they will list model numbers but it is not terribly perfect.  I picked up a couple of 10 round standard capacity 45 that actually hang below the frame a 1/4 inch or so.  Others I have picked up fit flush.  I have found actual Para marked mags, Mec-Gar and the ones that protude a fuzz are unmarked.  My 14 round extended mags to fit and run, albiet sticking way out.  I did see one guy on Youtube doing sleeves via 3-d printing, but it was an old video.

If you jump into these old Para's, plan for a lot of head scratching, and a bit of frustration.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks - figured some research would be required!
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Only thing I didn't know about the Warthog is it's unreliable if limp wristing. Both hands with arm locked shoots like raped ape.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top