Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2021 1:37:03 PM EDT
Anyone done it? Pics? Thinking of painting mine OD.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't painted a Glock, but have done a few rifles.

It's not very durable in the wear spots, especially using a holster. I think clear coat helps.

Other products like Alumihyde or Ceracoat are more durable, but still wear.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haven't painted a Glock, but have done a few rifles.

It's not very durable in the wear spots, especially using a holster. I think clear coat helps.

Other products like Alumihyde or Ceracoat are more durable, but still wear.
View Quote
They all will wear off. If you want a perfect looking paint job you have two options. Pony up for cerakote, which lasts longer but too will wear, or go with spray paint and accept that you'll be repainting it regularly.

If you don't care and want it to look OAF then spray paint is the OG method.  Krylon camo are pretty dang close to the .mil issued spray paint.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Bored one night with some leftover rattle can.

If you don't like it, wash it off.  If you want a good looking paint job that will last, look elsewhere.  And it will have that "sticky" paint feel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s pretty easy.
Strip the frame
Prep it
Paint it

Or

Just paint it and give it that “battleperm” finish.

OD looks good on the frame.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top