Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2018 2:00:04 PM EDT
My LGS got in a small shipment of black Sub 2000s (Beretta 92FS 9mm) last week and they were selling fast so I grabbed one of the last ones.  Of course, the following week they get in another shipment of OD green ones.  . Now I want to change the color of my black Sub 2K. I could order new OD plastic from Kel-Tec for about $185 or paint it. I'm thinking Duracoat would be a little more durable than Krylon. Anyone Duracoat their Sub2k? How did it turn out?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:02:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe cheaper to trade in your black one for the OD.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you shot it yet? Ask if they will trade it if you pay a $20 transfer fee. Way cheaper than the time and effort doing a decent job painting it

edit: or buy a green one on your cc before it disappears if you need to float the money, and sell your current one at a small loss. Still less than $185 or having a paint job that will not hold up as well as colored polymer.

unless you just really want to duracoat it...then do that
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the Duracoat "Magpul Foliage Green":

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top