Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2018 12:07:54 PM EDT
For the past several years I've been carrying a Glock 19 in a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster. I'm completely happy with this setup but recently I've been looking at adding a Streamlight TLR1 to my Glock for daily carry. So I'm looking for a similar holster to replace the Serpa. The first two that I'm looking at are the Blackhawk Omnivore and the Safariland ALS. What are you're thoughts on these? At first glance, both look "bulky" for lack of a better term. Obviously the holster will be slightly larger to fit a light, but I don't want it banging everything in sight (mainly in a vehicle).
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 1:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If you need retention get the ALS and be done with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got a g code paddle holster that is very nice, quality is top notch.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]
ALS all the way.  I've been using one for over 5 years with various pistols.  Bonus - most 9mm Glocks fit in the same holster.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I do want added retention. I looked at a friend's Safriland ALS today and I really liked it. But his was not for a Glock equipped with a light. Anyone use one with a light equipped pistol?
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several Safariland's non retentions & they work great for range use.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 4:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've settled on the Safariland 7378 7TS paddle holster with their ALS system. Now we'll see how long it takes our distributer to get it to me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been wearing a blue gun in my EDC holster while rolling / grappling weekly for a couple of years, and have been lucky enough to attend a couple of good extreme close quarters and force on force classes. Doing so has convinced me that paddle holsters are a poor choice for anything but administrative functions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
The Safariland ALS 7378 arrived and I've had the chance to wear it a few days. So far, I really like it. It is longer and a little bulkier than the Serpa but it doesn't seem to interfere with me sitting, whether in a vehicle or in a chair. As a bonus, it also works with the Olight PL-2 Valkyrie light that I purchased during a sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top