Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2022 12:24:37 PM EDT
From what I understand, Palmetto State Armory's holding company owns "AAC". In this case "AAC" is American's Ammo Company, and they are producing stateside ammo. They offered bullets first (115gr FMJ 9, and 55gr FMJ .223), and as of SHOT 22' offered loaded 9mm ammo. I picked up a few hundred rounds to test, as ammunition testing is my niche :D
TL:DR  Decent 9mm ammo at 2022 pricing produced by PSA. I hope they offer other calibers and make good on their steel case goal.
Macros: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzKozg

9x19mm, 115gr FMJ, AAC (America's Ammunition Company)

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought 1000 of the AAC bullets and loaded them in 9 MM around January.   The 115 grain FMJ were not the most consistent from bullet to bullet but plenty good for pistol training ammo.   Thanks for posting your report on AAC 9 mm ammo!
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm hoping PSA develops a cheap, bulk 9mm 124gr +p JHP offering in the future.

RMR has shown JHP's that expand @ 1100fps only cost $0.01 (a penny) more to produce then FMJ. PSA could corner the market for bulk JHP loads if they offered JHPs for $0.1 (a dime) more then their FMJ loads, and also likely make a very healthy profit.

Ie

PSA 9mm FMJ = $300 per 1k
PSA 9mm +P JHP = $400 per 1k

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:28:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm hoping PSA develops a cheap, bulk 9mm 124gr +p JHP offering in the future.

RMR has shown JHP's that expand @ 1100fps only cost $0.01 (a penny) more to produce then FMJ. PSA could corner the market for bulk JHP loads if they offered JHPs for $0.1 (a dime) more then their FMJ loads, and also likely make a very healthy profit.

Ie

PSA 9mm FMJ = $300 per 1k
PSA 9mm +P JHP = $400 per 1k

https://i.ibb.co/P6WkH42/RMR-JHP-vs-FMJ-Prices.png
View Quote

That's a fantastic idea...even if it ends up being a larger than $0.10 per-round premium (more QC, powder with flash reducing additives, etc.) there is no reason someone can't own the bulk JHP market
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top