Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2023 8:21:59 PM EDT
Just got a brand new PSA dagger.
Got it, functioned checked it for 2 minutes and then installed a tyrant design trigger

Re-assembled and went to test…

First few racks and checks, all good.

After 10-20 slide racks and trigger resets, the trigger stop resetting.
This only happens if I hold the trigger in when racking the slide.
If I don’t touch the trigger and rack the slide the trigger does reset.

So, something is going on when holding the trigger in and putting pressure somewhere preventing it from resetting.

I know basics but not enough to troubleshoot this myself.
I had planned on going to the range this weekend to actually shoot it… but that doesn’t seem like a good idea considering I don’t think the gun is going to function properly.

What do I need to check and/or fix?
Springs are all brand new obviously
Zero rounds through it so no dirt or gunk

Trigger bar out of spec or something?

I do notice when I take the slide off, and go to put it back on it catches the trigger bar nub that is sticking out (not sure of exact name of this piece) and the slide doesn’t want to go on straight. I almost have to pull it away from the trigger bar side to get the slide on

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like you didnt adjust your connector correctly, it should be bent slightly away from the trigger block.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the cruciform/striker coverage? If that is OK, it might be that the striker is sticky and held forward by the safety plunger and keeps it that way out of reach of the cruciform. Had that with third party slide where tolerance stacking was the cause. Changed the striker and got a "thicker" plunger (measured out out of several I had) and solved the issue so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top