Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2022 5:45:19 PM EDT
Just received 500rds of ppu 9mm today.  What I bought from vendor was described as “PRVI PARTIZAN 9MM 124GRN NATO FMJ AMMUNITION ITEM #: AP9FMJ124N”

Nothing on the case or boxes have any mention of NATO. And from previous experiences with ppu nato 9mm the primers have visible sealant. These don’t appear to have any.

Anyone have any insight before I contact the vendor?

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
No Nato circle cross, commercial packaging from PPU.  I guess it depends on your definition of Nato ammo, typical SAAMI Spec 123-124 grain ammo runs about 1090 FPS.  As an example Geco 124 grain FMJ states 1180 FPS.   Magtech 9 mm 124 grain FMJ Nato is listed at 1329 FPS, Norma 124 grain FMJ Nato is listed at 1345 FPS.   MAGTECH MEN 124 grain Nato FMJ  List 1185 FPS., Sellier & Bellot 124 grain FMJ is listed at 1181 FPS.   MAGTECH Sporting 124 grain FMJ list 1109 FPS.  Federal American Eagle 124 grain FMJ  is listed at 1120 FPS.

Winchester Nato 124 grain white box is listed at 1200 FPS.   I found a listing for PPU 200 round battle pack 124 grain FMJ  9 mm Nato listed at 1236 FPS.  I got all this info from Target Sports USA but their info is usually the same as manufacturers info when I’ve compared them.  Targets Sports doesn’t list the velocity for any other PPU 9 mm ammunition I checked.

It looks like you got commercial 9 mm to me.  If the price was cheap enough I might not care but if you paid top dollar for 9 MM NATO ammo I’d contact the retailer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to the PPU Military/Gov/LE brochure.  It list 124 grain Nato FMJ at 380 meters per second or 1246 FPS.   The PPU commercial web site list 9 MM 124 grain FMJ at 345 Meters per second or 1131 FPS.

http://www.prvipartizan.com/download/Katalog_mil_2017.pdf
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
You would rightly be annoyed to have received (anemic) commercial 9mm, rather than the "9mm NATO" that you paid for.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is a link to the PPU Military/Gov/LE brochure.  It list 124 grain Nato FMJ at 380 meters per second or 1246 FPS.   The PPU commercial web site list 9 MM 124 grain FMJ at 345 Meters per second or 1131 FPS.

http://www.prvipartizan.com/download/Katalog_mil_2017.pdf
View Quote

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I don’t see fps listed on their site.  I’ve emailed them so we’ll see what happens.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]
My PPU rounds came in a white box.  The Rangemaster line is not the NATO line.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My PPU rounds came in a white box.  The Rangemaster line is not the NATO line.
View Quote

Yea I’ve got other ppu nato that came in tan boxes as well.  Sealed primers etc.

The vendor sent me a label and they are on the way back to them. They took ‘Nato’ out of the product description on their webpage. It was an honest mistake as the vendor has a awesome reputation and I’ve ordered from them at least a half dozen times. I was told the importer had marked them as Nato on the invoice. They were still going to look into that with the importer.

Now I’ve got to find other nato to buy. Where’s the deals?  I’ve got a few cases of Win and Ppu nato.. are those still the go to or are there others?
Link Posted: 12/18/2022 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yea I’ve got other ppu nato that came in tan boxes as well.  Sealed primers etc.

The vendor sent me a label and they are on the way back to them. They took ‘Nato’ out of the product description on their webpage. It was an honest mistake as the vendor has a awesome reputation and I’ve ordered from them at least a half dozen times. I was told the importer had marked them as Nato on the invoice. They were still going to look into that with the importer.

Now I’ve got to find other nato to buy. Where’s the deals?  I’ve got a few cases of Win and Ppu nato.. are those still the go to or are there others?
View Quote

Sg ammo has PPU Rangemaster 124 gr 9mm . This has the sealed neck and primers along with a true total metal jacket bullet. Pressures advertised at 1263 fps and made to mil specs  per the PPU web site.  The PPU with the blue commercial boxes has a open bottom bullet and no sealant with standard pressures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top