Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2019 1:52:47 PM EDT
I am thinking about buying a PPQ SC but nobody around me has one for me to hold in the store.  Given the price I don't mind taking a chance on it, but since I can't see it in person I would like to ask people who do have personal experience about their opinions.

Does the PPQ SC carry like a 19 or is it more like a 26?  I get that this is subjective, but I have found that many similarly sized pistols can carry differently.  Some poke into your side, some will rub against you because of the texture or shape of the grip etc....    Some pistols have sights that sit tall and can grab onto clothing

Regarding the magazine with the pinky ledge on it, does that offer a good firing grip during an IWB draw?

Any opinions would be appreciated, I own a walther PPS M1 and am a big fan but i've never owned a PPQ.

Thanks,

Woody
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone own a PPQ SC that carries it and has any opinion on it?  Round count/failure count, how comfortable, is it too thick ETC......
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#2]
PPQ SC carries just like a 26. Its almost exact same size and weight. Nice guns, great trigger.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, I have a P99c and it’s almost identical to a 26 in size and weight. I should start carrying it more...it’s just about perfect for its job...
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses.  I ordered a holster and 10 mags today, I'm going to buy the ppq sc tomorrow.  Once I get it I'll update after firing
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am thinking about buying a PPQ SC but nobody around me has one for me to hold in the store.  Given the price I don't mind taking a chance on it, but since I can't see it in person I would like to ask people who do have personal experience about their opinions.

Does the PPQ SC carry like a 19 or is it more like a 26?  I get that this is subjective, but I have found that many similarly sized pistols can carry differently.  Some poke into your side, some will rub against you because of the texture or shape of the grip etc....    Some pistols have sights that sit tall and can grab onto clothing

Regarding the magazine with the pinky ledge on it, does that offer a good firing grip during an IWB draw?

Any opinions would be appreciated, I own a walther PPS M1 and am a big fan but i've never owned a PPQ.

Thanks,

Woody
View Quote
OP why go subcompact? the PPQ & P99 are both compact, easy to conceal pistols. The curve of the grips are very similar to bob tailed 1911s

I find both easy to carry.  & I never shoot subcompacts very  well. so for me the trade off is negative

Just my two cents
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OP why go subcompact? the PPQ & P99 are both compact, easy to conceal pistols. The curve of the grips are very similar to bob tailed 1911s

I find both easy to carry.  & I never shoot subcompacts very  well. so for me the trade off is negative

Just my two cents
View Quote
Ppq grip is the same size as a glock 17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top