Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2019 1:22:36 PM EDT
Are they as tough and reliable as the Glock 19?

Glocks don't fit me....looking for a well made 9mm that will stand up to years of use.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 3:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both Glocks and Walthers
G20C, G29, G17, P99.

I love the 10mm's; I inherited the G17; bought the P99 it was a police trade in, carried a lot and it has a lot of wear and tear. Put new night sights on it because the old sights were beat to hell. It fits better, carries great, and it is the most accurate 9mm I have shot, that is a duty pistol.

I bought it for my Son in law, but he liked my Browning Hi-Power better, it was tricked out by Cylinder and Slide.
I can't complain, he carries it daily to protect my daughter (she carries my Colt Lightweight Combat Commander Series 70 in .38 Super) {she is scary good with it too} and grand kids.

The P99 accuracy wise is tough to beat. The only bad about the P99 is the trigger is a little sloppy.

EDIT - I reread your question, my P99 was not treated well by the previous owner, grip area and sights were beat to hell, and scratched to hell and back, it looked like it had be dropped and thrown around. The metal work and finish was in good to better condition, no rust or scratches. Lockup and functions good to great. With the beat to hell sights I was able to keep 3 magazine dumps in a 6" bullseye at 50 yards.

So that was the decision factor, it functions good and shot great. Cleaned and greased it. Put new night sights on her.
My shooting buddies give me a dump truck load of shit about carring a beat up POS looking gun, but when it comes right down to placing a bets against me shooting it verse any other gun I get no action. I have to find other suckers that don't know me or that gun.

So in answer to your question if it fits your hand better than a Glock, and you can shoot it better. Buy it...

I don't think anybody can wear out a newer production handgun these days unless you are Doug Koening, Or Jerry Miculek......
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Sir, appreciate your thoughts and time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Back around 200-2007, I had several P99s. It was my favorite platform. I got 19 other people to buy one based on my constant recommendations. I later caught the Beretta bug, and sold them. But, I bought a P99 almost 2 years ago. It is, once again my most accurate handgun. It is amazing how well that sucker can shoot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 10:29:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I really like the P99, it's the only DA/SA striker fired gun that I know of. So it's a lot safer to carry. The PPQ is basically like a Glock but with a better trigger and better ergonomics. You can carry the P99 with the striker cocked like the PPQ though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll add my $.02.

I bought my first Glock about 3 or 4 years
ago and I carry one of my 43's for the summer
and switch to one of my 17.4's for winter.
I really like Glocks. But with that said, I have
2 P99 AS's. They are my favorite pistols of
everything I own. Ergonomics are great,
light weight, good capacity, easy to carry,
proven & reliable. I love them. I carry Glocks
because they are much easier to replace if one
were to get stolen, etc.

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I really like the P99, it's the only DA/SA striker fired gun that I know of. So it's a lot safer to carry. The PPQ is basically like a Glock but with a better trigger and better ergonomics. You can carry the P99 with the striker cocked like the PPQ though.
View Quote
Canik TP9DA
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a full size P99as and two P99 compacts. They fit better than my Glock 23 and my HK P30sk.

The only other pistol I recommend you get your hand on is the PPQ. Try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top