Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2019 8:28:19 PM EDT
What is everyone using for aftermarket sights on a PPQ?

I have a 4” PPQ M1 in 9mm and recently installed a Trijicon fiber optic sight set. The gun now shoots several inches low. I am using a combat hold or #3 sight picture. This is the sight picture I use the most often, as I shoot a lot of Sigs. I tried 115, 124, and 147 and all are a few inches low.

Do the Trijicon HDs shoot POA/POI ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Your best bet to get the POA/POI that you want is to order the correct height front sight to go with the rear that you have. Dawson Precision is my go to company for stuff like that. They have a sight calculator on their site that can help. He does, black, fiber optic and tritium.

Dawson Precision
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
My shooting partner is shooting a PPQ M2 4" and his shots were low.  He sent his Trijicon HD sights and slide in to Trijicon with a target that he shot showing the low impact and Trijicon machined or replace the front sight.  It now shoots to point of aim.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies.

I considered Dawson, but I have 2 sets of Dawson fibers I bought for a VP9 and an MP, and both rust very easily.  However, with the PPQ using a Glock like screw on the front sight rather than a dove tail, this may fix the rusting concern.  I should not have to fit the sight.

As for Trijicon HDs  they would be my first choice.  I have HD XRs on my go to pistol, and I love them.   I may go that route, thanks.

Does anyone know if Walther sells there own sights separately, such as the adjustable target fiber optics on the 5" guns?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I would call them and ask.

Ebay listings show several different adjustable sights made by LPA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top