Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2020 8:10:32 PM EDT
For the life of me I cannot get my slide stop/release lever out. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I’d like to upgrade my trigger to the Apex,not that it needs it but I can’t help myself.   The gun functions flawlessly, just can’t get that damn thing out. I even had my gunsmith put it on a hydraulic press and he couldn’t press it out without destroying the frame.
  When I first got the gun I tried to do a detailed strip and clean after about 1000 rounds and couldn’t get it out then. I didn’t too much worry about it but at the very least I’d like to be able to get it out so I could do a thorough cleaning.  Fast forward three years and thousands of rounds later and it’s bugging me again.
   I guess I could always try to send it back to Walther but apparently I have to find a certified Walther dealer/gunsmith to work on it  (My one complaint with Walter)
  Any help with where I could send it?
   Any ideas how to get it out myself?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you consult YouTube videos?
I got my 4” and 5”(not steel frame since you didn’t specify which yours is) disassembled easily on my first attempt after watching the process.

From what I remember you tap the two pieces apart, rotate the short side while pulling outward. There is a spring that rests in there but can’t recall doing anything with it until reassembly. As I said watch the video to be sure.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Installing The Apex Flat-Faced Forward Set Trigger In The Walther PPQ
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 11:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply.

Sure looks easy but it ain’t happening.
It’s a poly frame. I’ve tapped on it, I’ve really tapped on it, I’ve Really Really tapped on it. Nothing.
Tried penetrating oil. Tried tapping on it while moving it, not moving.
I love the gun and I wouldn’t worry about it but I can’t help thinking that it’s going to eventually have/need to come out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Call Walther and see if they’ll fix you up whether you purchased new or used.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top