Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2018 10:34:15 PM EDT
I think the PLR-16 looks like it would be a fantastic host to make a brace pistol. Has anyone put a brace on their PLR-16? If so please post some pics!

I'd also love pics of any modified or tricked-out PLR-16 or short SU-16 to give me ideas. I'm not ready to make the jump yet (money is tight right now) but I'd like to live vicariously through some of you guys.

ETA: changed the title a bit, post any pics you have of PLR-16's

ETA2: I finally just bought one, and posted some pics. Feel free to do the same!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:07:39 AM EDT
[#1]
surely someone here was tricked out their PLR-16, right?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#2]
ARF hates KelTecs b/c they're made of plastic, but loves Glocks...
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I never had any issues or complaints with my PLR-16 I bought years ago.
good shooter, mounted a Red Lion rail on it and mainly shot off tabletop with a bipod & pistol scope.
I eventually sold it.

Is there a brace option for a PLR-16? I know you can swap the pistol grip with the SU carbine grip & stock and make an SBR but I've not seen anything commercially made for a brace.
If anyone ever posted a pic of a braced PLR-16 on KTOG I've not seen it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never had any issues or complaints with my PLR-16 I bought years ago.
good shooter, mounted a Red Lion rail on it and mainly shot off tabletop with a bipod & pistol scope.
I eventually sold it.

Is there a brace option for a PLR-16? I know you can swap the pistol grip with the SU carbine grip & stock and make an SBR but I've not seen anything commercially made for a brace.
If anyone ever posted a pic of a braced PLR-16 on KTOG I've not seen it.
View Quote
The brace option is to get the SU-16E stock adapter (here) and use a normal AR brace on the buffer tube. I was just hoping to see if someone else has tried the same thing. Maybe I'll be the first! Though right now I'm in a place where such things are verboten, that'll change in a few months when I'll be moving to Free America (Idaho).
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#5]
While I admit I am months late to this, I recently bought an SU-16D9 and swapped out the factory "C" stock for an "E" AR-style stock with an M4 stock on an A5 tube. It is insanely light weight. Looking forward to the day it comes out of NFA hell (which may be in 2020 at this rate). It is super sexy looking, and was very comfortable to shoulder. How the lack of weight will affect shootability... well, that's a different problem. Wish K-T would revise the handguard so that it was MLOK.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
While I admit I am months late to this, I recently bought an SU-16D9 and swapped out the factory "C" stock for an "E" AR-style stock with an M4 stock on an A5 tube. It is insanely light weight. Looking forward to the day it comes out of NFA hell (which may be in 2020 at this rate). It is super sexy looking, and was very comfortable to shoulder. How the lack of weight will affect shootability... well, that's a different problem. Wish K-T would revise the handguard so that it was MLOK.
View Quote
that sounds like a great setup, I'd love to see pics if you have them

And you are right on the handguard. I wish there was another option, besides dremel-fucking a Magpul MOE handguard (which I'm not interested in trying)
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#7]
reworked the title, surely someone here has some pics of their PLR-16's
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 9:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Since no one else will, I shall post some pictures of a mildly tricked-out PLR16. This thing has a very unusual action, very cool. It was a bit trickyt to reassemble since some of the parts want to be in just right before they'll cooperate. I found that tipping the gun barrel-down after initially reinserting the bolt helped a lot.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I just used what I had on hand. This thing is begging for a folding brace, but that can wait a few more paychecks. I should get to shoot it this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:11:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Had this PLR-16 for a long time, it has a cheap Walther red dot on it, and a SB brace I got on sale a while back. It's a fun (and loud) range toy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Had this PLR-16 for a long time, it has a cheap Walther red dot on it, and a SB brace I got on sale a while back. It's a fun (and loud) range toy.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/97562/PLR16_JPG-1104799.jpg
View Quote
After Christmas, when I have some money to spend, I want that brace plus a folding knuckle (looking at the Hera model) and a SU-16D peep sight for the ultimate braced pistol.
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Google-lazy, who makes the adapter??
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Google-lazy, who makes the adapter??
View Quote
the folding adapter? I'm looking at the Hera Arms SFU

If you are talking about the AR-style stock adapter it's made by Kel-Tec, the SU16E hardware kit
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I shot my PLR16 today. Man this thing is sweet. The recoil is there but it's so mild and slow that it hardly matters. It is begging for a brace but even in its current form it is a great little gun. My traditionalist father and 90+ year old grandpa also enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2019 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I got it just about perfect. I know the front looks weird but it feels great. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Cmon guys, I can't be the only one modding one of these

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top