Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2021 12:27:30 PM EDT
Anyone on here run a PF45 with a KKM barrel and comp? I'm looking to do a build and am wondering if it's worth it.

Also looking to run an RMR and the Rocky Precision slides look appealing. Any feedback on these?  

Lastly, any recommendations on site vendors for a PF45 frame and possibly lower parts kit in stock?

Any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#1]
The KKM barrels are good to go. I have no experience with the Rocky Precision slides from Rockey Brass since they have been out of stock on the G21 slides forever. Rockey Brass parts kits are good for non OEM.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the input. The one question remaining is whether a comp is beneficial with a 10mm? I don't find the need with a G19 but I have no experience with 10mm. I do not have any interest in having a comp just for aesthetics, especially if it precludes usage of available range ammo. But, other than bulk shooting I will be using Buffalo Bore tactical and heavy ammo.

I also open to suggestions for the slide. I just would prefer to pick one up already milled rather than having to send one off.

I went ahead and ordered a frame kit so that's crossed off of the list.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't comment on if a comp will make much difference or not since I don't use them.

As far as slides go. Just stay away from slides made by Rock Slide USA/RWG, they are junk!
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't comment on if a comp will make much difference or not since I don't use them.

As far as slides go. Just stay away from slides made by Rock Slide USA/RWG, they are junk!
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright, got the frame and a KKM barrel and comp. Beginning to source small parts and still looking for a slide in stock. I'm still leaning towards Rockey Precision but am also considering a Lone Wolf custom built slide milled for RMR. I've reached out to them but in the meantime does anyone know what finish, if any, these come with?

Another question, what # recoil springs are folks using with comped G20s?  

I'll be shooting Sig and other 180 fmj on the range primarily but will also be testing out several Buffalo Bore loads in the 180 to 200 gr range to find my optimum defense and hunting rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top