Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2022 8:15:35 PM EDT
Looking seriously at picking up a PDP Compact and a 5" full-sized to give them a whirl. Didn't see any threaded barrel models, but read a post they might be coming soon.

Anybody know?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Jarvis Barrels makes them.

Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Walther makes the PDP Pro SD models. They do exist I've seen a full size in person a couple weeks ago. Its very nice the trigger they put in the Pro model is worth it alone, WAY better than the standard PDP trigger.

You can also just buy the threaded barrel from walther and drop it in if you don't want a Pro model.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 12:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I will look for one of those. Looking for a factory option.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW I've had a PDP Pro on order for two months.
I'm not claiming my LGS  is the best at special orders, so YMMV.
They were into'd at SHOT, but I guess have not made it to the distributers yet.

Not only do you get the treaded barrel, but the "dynamic performance trigger" and a mag well.

The only think I dislike is they're using 1/2 x 28 threads. I've had trouble with RH threaded silencers coming loose, but never with LH thread.
Considering they're German, I'm kind of surprised they aren't using the standard metric LH threads.
If all I wanted was a threaded barrel I'd look for an aftermarket with LH threads.

Just put that same trigger in my PDP and (to me) a worthy upgrade. Way less take up, shorter reset.
Looking forward to trying it a the next IDPA match.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did you get the trigger?

Pretty sure I am going to skip the threaded barrel on the compact for carry, and just add the trigger and a mag well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where did you get the trigger?

Pretty sure I am going to skip the threaded barrel on the compact for carry, and just add the trigger and a mag well.

Thanks!
View Quote

I just happened to do a search at the right time and got one directly from Walther about a month ago.

Apparently they're already "out of stock" again. Sorry

I'd been trying to get one of those triggers since last year. They've been "out of stock" so long, one place listed them as "discontinued".

It's one of the reasons I ordered the PDP Pro. Was thinking it was the only way to get it.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Threaded barrel

I used this one on my compact model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top