Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2022 1:30:00 PM EDT
Now that I’ve left CA and moved to America, my handgun options have widened considerably.

AR’s, modern handguns, suppressors are all on the menu.

I’ve been intrigued by Walther since the P99, but a sour experience with an SW99, plus mag capacity limits steered me towards 1911s and other .45s

A friend mentioned that the PDP was a good choice. Browsing the website, I see a PDP Pro SD.

Can you guys sell me on one of these over, say, an H&K tactical model, or even just to covert my Glock 19 or my USP45 to take a suppressor?

Is the giant mag well removable?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a Walther PDP Compact 9mm 4" a couple months ago. I already had a PPQ Navy M2. Both us same mags.

My PPQ has been great so I was going to get another since my teen son is going to a training class with me and we could use same / similar pistols, but I found they were replaced with the PDP.
PDP comes already cut for optic, my PPQ did not.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak for HK but I just got a 5" fullsize PDP(18 rounder) and it's a wonderful shooting gun, puts my G17 to shame.  It's no P320 X5 Legion, but it was also only $650.

The other nice thing about the PDP is that you can go to Walther's website and enter your serial # and they will send you the optic adapter plate of your choice depending on what you want to mount for a RDS.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 2:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a number of pistols including G19,19X,23,32 and an H&K VP9 Tactical. I recently picked up a full size PDP It shoots great and has a great trigger. It's quickly becoming a favorite.

Only gripes so far as expensive mags, it didn't come with a threaded barrel and holster selection.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top