Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2018 10:05:30 PM EDT
I have a P938 being shipped from buds right now.

Question.  Has sig fixed all the issues that I’ve read about on the P938  ?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#1]
What are the issues?  My wife has a P238 and that thing is great for a micro-mini so I have wanted a P938.  I have heard about the P365 issues but nothing about the 938?
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of whatever you read is from years ago. My LGS says it is the most popular CCW they sell. I bought one in 2013 and it worked fine. No issues at all. Way back there were some main spring housing issues. Redesign fixed that. June of 2017 mine finally started acting up after several thousand rounds through it. Sent it back to SIG for their SPP program and it came back like new. All springs replaced, new sights and all updates including the MSH done. A few posters on forum still have an issue that the recoil guide is two pieces. They were coming apart maybe 4-5 years ago. Mine did once. Cleaned the threads, put on one drop of blue Loctite and problem ended. My 1911's have two piece guide rods so I never really got nuts over it.

It should be a great piece to own and shoot. I have done an IWB using a N82tactical holster. You will not find anything more comfortable, no matter what any other marketing tells you.  Everyone claims theirs is the most comfortable. This one is and their customer service is top notch.

Even on the 365's. Yes some issues in the first six to eight months. You may read an occasional small issue coming from the factory, but all new firearms have had issues now and then. (Took Block a year to get the G43 working right.) Last serial number I saw published on the 365 showed over 215,000 in the field in less than a year. A glitch now or then will happen. It is a mechanical device. We just installed a high end Siemans surge suppressor at one of our buildings at work. Failed on the first power up. It happens.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most of whatever you read is from years ago. My LGS says it is the most popular CCW they sell. I bought one in 2013 and it worked fine. No issues at all. Way back there were some main spring housing issues. Redesign fixed that. June of 2017 mine finally started acting up after several thousand rounds through it. Sent it back to SIG for their SPP program and it came back like new. All springs replaced, new sights and all updates including the MSH done. A few posters on forum still have an issue that the recoil guide is two pieces. They were coming apart maybe 4-5 years ago. Mine did once. Cleaned the threads, put on one drop of blue Loctite and problem ended. My 1911's have two piece guide rods so I never really got nuts over it.

It should be a great piece to own and shoot. I have done an IWB using a N82tactical holster. You will not find anything more comfortable, no matter what any other marketing tells you.  Everyone claims theirs is the most comfortable. This one is and their customer service is top notch
Even on the 365's. Yes some issues in the first six to eight months. You may read an occasional small issue coming from the factory, but all new firearms have had issues now and then. (Took Block a year to get the G43 working right.) Last serial number I saw published on the 365 showed over 215,000 in the field in less than a year. A glitch now or then will happen. It is a mechanical device. We just installed a high end Siemans surge suppressor at one of our buildings at work. Failed on the first power up. It happens.
View Quote
Wow that was very helpful thank you for your input kind
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one in 2016 it has never had any issues.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had mine for 4-5 years now & have never had a single issue. Not one. Damn good design.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had a P938 Sports13 for years and it's my primary carry piece. I didn't even know 938's had any real known issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top