Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2019 10:12:44 PM EDT
I have wanted one for years for no real good reason other than they are somewhat rare.  I've never even seen one in person.

Does anyone here have one?
Opinions?
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 3:04:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a P88 and she's a keeper.   A somewhat dated design, but still a classic.  I tend to like firearms from the mid 70s to the late 90s and the P88 fits perfectly within that date frame.

Since its been out of production for close to 20-25 years now and not a widely adopted pistol, both parts and magazines are very pricey.  I don't carry it or shoot it that often, but nice to have in my modest collection.

I found her about 5 years ago in a pawn shop for $499 and immediately jumped on it.  One of the very few times I've been lucky with finding a semi rare pistol at a great price...  At the same pawn shop, but around 2003, I picked up a Heckler and Koch P9S pistol in .45 acp for $400.

If you can find a good condition Walther P88 at a fair price, I'd jump on it since they're not getting any cheaper!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top