Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2022 4:36:18 AM EDT
Did function check with no magazine in and the trigger resets fine. I insert empty mag to check for slide lock. Works fine.

Upon releasing slide with empty magazine in. The trigger will not reset.

All Glock parts. Well oiled and clean.

Anybody with this type of experience to offer quick fix? Thank you
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Search on Youtube

pf940c P80 g19 trigger reset issue
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Issue is. I haven’t found a single video going over why the magazine would be causing that issue
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Got the issue resolved. Thanks to Glocktalk forum.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
What was causing the problem?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:What was causing the problem?
View Quote

+1

I'd also like to know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:29:34 AM EDT
[#6]
A combo of things. My rear rail module was sitting a little to high. My apex connector was apparently off a bit. First time I’ve run into that issue with apex. And I missed the fact that my OEM Glock parts kit had an aftermarket trigger spring.

So, I lowered the rail module. Put a oem dot connector in. And a known oem trigger spring.

Passes safety checks as well. Ready for the range now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I've seen lots of issues related to rails/blocks being high, low or off.

Almost wonder if it it be better to be able to get everything aligned, epoxy the rails in straight and then drill holes - would require no pre-drilled holes in rails and block - more careful drilling (into metal)
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Almost wonder if it it be better to be able to get everything aligned, epoxy the rails in straight and then drill holes - would require no pre-drilled holes in rails and block - more careful drilling (into metal)
View Quote

I wouldn’t be against trying that all. Worth a shot. At the very least. The holes would be drilled still. Assuming the metal rear rail holes didn’t work out. We would just have to get a standard rail block. And do the fitting. But still. Good idea
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:29:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

As a machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith, I will not recommend trying that. It would be way to easy to get the pin holes off which will only cause more issues. Plus if the holes in the rails are not in the correct spot and you drill into the frame, the bit can grab on the metal rails and pull which again will mess up the frame. I did a writeup that was posted to the old Marine Gun Builder forum and on the MGB blog talking about why you should never open up pin holes or drill the frame wit rails inserted. Here is the same writeup that I posted to on the Patriot Gun Builder forum.

https://www.patriotgunbuilders.com/forums/resources/pin-holes-do-not-open-them-up.46/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top