Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
M-13?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Hell no.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:51:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't think so.  Most of the prices there are not trustworthy.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
M-13?
View Quote
Not sure what you mean?
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't think so.  Most of the prices there are not trustworthy.
View Quote
You can buy 3 or 4 of them for 3700 bucks.

3700 is in the P7M13 price range.  And that's still a little high.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
P7's come in two flavors, 8 round magazine (M8) and M13 pistol, (13 round magazine)

ETA. I forgot to include the M40 which is .40 S&W
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget the original plain P7 / PSP (heel mag release), the weirdo P7K3, as well as all those surplus PSP versions that came in from Germany about ten years ago.

Needless to say OP that gun for sale is most likely one of the trade in heel release P7's, an M8 or an M13. And the price is only close to right for an M13.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
P7's come in two flavors, 8 round magazine (M8) and M13 pistol, (13 round magazine)

View Quote
It was a 13 round mag
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hell no.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was a 13 round mag
View Quote
As an M13 it's close to the fair market price, I'd offer no more than $3000.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Points out the major bubble of collector pricing that can occur when guys who could have stretched it to get one finally do after the kids move out and they have more money that common sense.

It will eventually collapse when that generation is passing on and the market is flooded with non selling P7's at 3X the MSRP when new. That makes them at least 5X the sale price in the case in the day.

$3,700 / 5 = $740. Yup.

Compare that to the price of a '69 Chevelle 396 SS. Same situation. Muscle cars went apey because men who never owned one and were driving their Mom's old car to school finally made enough money to purchase their man card.

How do you fight this insanity? You don't compete - you look further out and get ahead of the stupidity.

You buy when something is at it's lowest cost, ie approaching it's utility value as a device or object. Like, Corvettes - you don't buy new, you don't buy a 60's Stingray, right now you buy early 90's - which the public is undervaluing and ignoring.

It's too late to do that with early Miata's. And if you wanted an S&W auto pistol, you will be very late to the game. They are already approaching their original MSRP, mags are getting hoarded, etc. What's next? CMP 1911's, maybe, but with Rock Islands at $500 you are not buying it just to shoot, it's to collect and be prepared to pay double that for a good one. Ruger 89's? Maybe - they are all metal and they are dirt cheap.

At this point early Glocks and Berettas are bottoming out, if you like that kind of thing. But anything HK older than 1995 is going up up up. Too many wannabes competing with money to win the locker room measuring contest. "I always wanted a P7." Ok, then it was too much, but now? It's five times worse? But it's ok to spend the money now?

Nows the time you sell the thing and beat the normies at their own game. It's just a gun and there will always be a better one come down the road. I could mention a highly qualified new pistol that is being adopted by military and PD's both here and all over the world, but I will spare you the angst. It's not made in Austria and it doesn't start with G, but there is one in the name. That's all the help you get. Put your money in that and be on the ground floor of modifications, new grips, swap kits, for decades to come. It's the equivalent of the AR in the pistol world and it's going to be glorious. Making the drop in trigger chassis the "firearm" with a serial number is the great leap forward in pistols. And here we are, talking about an oddball gas delay of which you can only own one for the price of 5 of the other.

I wonder what kind of Jeep I could get for $3k and guess what, in ten years, it will be worth more, too. Get em while they are cheap, buy low sell high. It that's not a deal, then maybe some of you would be interested in my share of a pyramid marketing company? Right. Been there done that.

Don't shoot yer eye out.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m not up on current prices for the P7M13 but no way would I pay $3700 for one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I just sold a very clean standard heel release P7 in the original box for $2650 on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#14]
The P9s was a better pistol
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just sold a very clean standard heel release P7 in the original box for $2650 on Gunbroker.
View Quote
About twice what it was worth, IMO.

No slam on you, glad you made $$$.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

About twice what it was worth, IMO.

No slam on you, glad you made $$$.
View Quote
Started it at $1 and that's what it brought.  It was worth $2650 that day.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Where are you seeing P7M8(?) for <1k each?  Tell me where, and I'll buy one right now.  $3700 for an M13 - on a retail store shelf in a brick and mortar facility?  That's actually about current market price.  I'm not saying it's a deal; but aside from an unsavvy garage-sale find, good luck finding better.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Points out the major bubble of collector pricing that can occur when guys who could have stretched it to get one finally do after the kids move out and they have more money that common sense.

It will eventually collapse when that generation is passing on and the market is flooded with non selling P7's at 3X the MSRP when new. That makes them at least 5X the sale price in the case in the day.

$3,700 / 5 = $740. Yup.

Compare that to the price of a '69 Chevelle 396 SS. Same situation. Muscle cars went apey because men who never owned one and were driving their Mom's old car to school finally made enough money to purchase their man card.

How do you fight this insanity? You don't compete - you look further out and get ahead of the stupidity.

You buy when something is at it's lowest cost, ie approaching it's utility value as a device or object. Like, Corvettes - you don't buy new, you don't buy a 60's Stingray, right now you buy early 90's - which the public is undervaluing and ignoring.

It's too late to do that with early Miata's. And if you wanted an S&W auto pistol, you will be very late to the game. They are already approaching their original MSRP, mags are getting hoarded, etc. What's next? CMP 1911's, maybe, but with Rock Islands at $500 you are not buying it just to shoot, it's to collect and be prepared to pay double that for a good one. Ruger 89's? Maybe - they are all metal and they are dirt cheap.

At this point early Glocks and Berettas are bottoming out, if you like that kind of thing. But anything HK older than 1995 is going up up up. Too many wannabes competing with money to win the locker room measuring contest. "I always wanted a P7." Ok, then it was too much, but now? It's five times worse? But it's ok to spend the money now?

Nows the time you sell the thing and beat the normies at their own game. It's just a gun and there will always be a better one come down the road. I could mention a highly qualified new pistol that is being adopted by military and PD's both here and all over the world, but I will spare you the angst. It's not made in Austria and it doesn't start with G, but there is one in the name. That's all the help you get. Put your money in that and be on the ground floor of modifications, new grips, swap kits, for decades to come. It's the equivalent of the AR in the pistol world and it's going to be glorious. Making the drop in trigger chassis the "firearm" with a serial number is the great leap forward in pistols. And here we are, talking about an oddball gas delay of which you can only own one for the price of 5 of the other.

I wonder what kind of Jeep I could get for $3k and guess what, in ten years, it will be worth more, too. Get em while they are cheap, buy low sell high. It that's not a deal, then maybe some of you would be interested in my share of a pyramid marketing company? Right. Been there done that.

Don't shoot yer eye out.
View Quote
I hear what you're saying - but I'm not so sure about that.  P7's were never made in large numbers, are highly unique in features and design.  Yet the uniqueness is not because it was a sketchy design; with a P7, it's because they were really expensive to make.  The performance is excellent, and the unique and groundbreaking features all in one package, are groundbreaking - yet highly optimized in functionality.  If you think there's going to be a major price-dump on these; due to saturation of interested market - I politely disagree. I wish so, as I'd love to have P7M8 beater carry gun.  But if you're waiting for that day when P7's are back down to the sub $1k price point; you might as well fill that slot with something else; because that's never going to happen.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 1:05:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's $3700.  Is that reasonable?
View Quote
Which gunshop in Idaho?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

$3700 for an M13 - on a retail store shelf in a brick and mortar facility?  That's actually about current market price.  I'm not saying it's a deal; but aside from an unsavvy garage-sale find, good luck finding better.
View Quote
Most M13s top out around $3200 & those are unfired. Fired units are well below $3k.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Have one listed here for $3000.
Avoid the local sales tax, too...
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 2:42:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Most M13s top out around $3200 & those are unfired. Fired units are well below $3k.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Where are you seeing P7M8(?) for <1k each?  Tell me where, and I'll buy one right now.  $3700 for an M13 - on a retail store shelf in a brick and mortar facility?  That's actually about current market price.  I'm not saying it's a deal; but aside from an unsavvy garage-sale find, good luck finding better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

P7 is not a p7M8 which commands a premium.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Find me a P7 of any flavor for <$1k, and I'm buying it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wrong, the P7 M10 is the .40 S&W caliber model that holds 10 rounds in the magazine. About 6 or 7 years ago the P7 M10 pistols were selling in the $2,500 range. I have seen the P7 M13 pistols selling for about $2,000 about 5 years ago. I would imagine that the M10's are probably selling for around $3,000 and up nowadays.

By the way, P7's come in more than three "flavors." P7 PSP (8 rd magazines that use a magazine release on the bottom of the magazine well). P7 M8 (uses 8 rd magazines and the magazines release from a release just behind the trigger which was designed for the American market because it facilitates a much faster combat magazine reload for police customers). P7 M13 (13 rd magazines that release from a release mounted just behind the trigger). And the P7 M10 (10 rd magazines with the same American magazine release as the M8 and M13. There was a P7K3 which was a chambered in several calibers including .380 ACP. And there was an experimental model that was never put into mass production which was the P7 M7 a .45 ACP model.

" />
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's ridiculous. I may have to offer my VG condition, in the original box P7 M10 for sale, if you got that much for just a regular P7.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I hear what you're saying - but I'm not so sure about that.  P7's were never made in large numbers, are highly unique in features and design.  Yet the uniqueness is not because it was a sketchy design; with a P7, it's because they were really expensive to make.  The performance is excellent, and the unique and groundbreaking features all in one package, are groundbreaking - yet highly optimized in functionality.  If you think there's going to be a major price-dump on these; due to saturation of interested market - I politely disagree. I wish so, as I'd love to have P7M8 beater carry gun.  But if you're waiting for that day when P7's are back down to the sub $1k price point; you might as well fill that slot with something else; because that's never going to happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$3,700 / 5 = $740. Yup.

Don't shoot yer eye out.
Exactly!  I wasted years (because I thought the squeeze grip design was crazy) before I actually went to a store and actually held a P7 M13 in my hands. After trying the magazine release and re-inserting the magazine back into the magwell and squeezing the grip, it dawned on me how fast this thing is when doing combat magazine reloading during firearms qualifications. It's super fast. I bought two of them for work. Firing them on the range for the first time for qualification purposes verified my initial evaluation of the pistol design. I could fire, reload a new magazine and continue firing faster than anyone else on the range. Also, the fixed barrel made the pistol supremely accurate. This gun design was way ahead of it's time and still is even years after it was discontinued. The prices will not be going down. Have the prices gone down on the Colt Python since it was discontinued? I think not.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:12:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. P7PSP < P7M8 < P7M13 < P7M10.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:22:35 AM EDT
[#29]
First, the P series have a cult following. Second, they are no longer made. NIB unfired samples are getting harder to find.

Of the 9mm I believe the M13 are more desirable and had a lower production number.

If you want a shooter, the heel release police trade ins are least expensive. Those are still bringing in 1500.00+

Do research on them, check the gas piston for carbon and wear.

If it's a M13 with the original box with scraper, brush manual (some had targets) and mint 3-3500.00 is within its range, especially if it has the fat trigger.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top