Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2019 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately I gave up on Sig a few years ago due to a similar experience. I really want an MPX, but I fear the same outcome...  Almost bought a P210 but after 4-5 dry fires discovered it had a serious trigger malfunction going on somewhere.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 12:44:07 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're serious about the optic, check out the Shield RMS.

It's the smallest based 'rmr' I've been able to find. I had my Glock 43 milled for one a year or so ago and have enjoyed it.
It's biggest flaw is the lens is a plastic / polymer so it will scratch in sandy enviorns.  Under a t-shirt and cleaned with a lens cloth though, mine has remained scratch free.

I'm a huge fan of the Trijicon RMR, it's the gold standard for a reason... but it's going to be way too wide for the P365 slide IMHO.
The Shield RMS is narrower and while not perfect, might be the best of the 'small footprint' optics currently available.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm also a fan of the SHIELD RMS / RMSc.
I worry that brass will take divots out of the plastic lens, but maybe not if the XL isn't throwing any straight back.  
I had a 43X milled for one and it was taking a few hits--I actually haven't cleaned it because I don't want to know a $400 optic has damage.  :)

I'm putting that on my 365XL for sure though...as soon as I get the slide to run right with the lower.  Calling SIG today to see if they'll send me a stronger RSA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I run an RMR on my G19 and love it but you are right in that it's too big for the XL. I thought about going with one of the Sig offerings so I don't have to mill the slide.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I run an RMR on my G19 and love it but you are right in that it's too big for the XL. I thought about going with one of the Sig offerings so I don't have to mill the slide.
View Quote
I had a Romeo 1 and it broke almost immediately. They have some other versions coming out. I can say first hand my experience with Romeo 1 was not good.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine was one mean little monster to put back together, I think that is the piece people are finding, would be easy to break if you keep pushing down instead of sideways.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Jesus.

Every time I'm about to purchase one for CC, I see a thread like this.
View Quote
Yea holy crap.  I was seriously thinking about getting one of these, but now... uh... no.  I had no idea; in 2019 you kind of have to go out of your way and try to make an unreliable 9mm, so I don't understand what's going on.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Todays update. I went to the range and fired another 150 rounds of assorted ammo through the P365XL with zero failures.

My only gripe at this point is how damn hot the gun gets. I can shoot my G26 for days and it never gets as hot as this thing does after putting 3 or 4 mags through it.

If you ride the slide with your thumbs it gets to be a pain in the ass.

Having said that, it is a joy to conceal and has now gone 685 rounds with zero failures. At this point I'd have to say the P365XL that I have is reliable.

One of my standard 365's failed at ~1200 rounds so that is still in the back of my mind. I'll keep y'all updated.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My gun with Shield RMSc. Ignore the dirty lens.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]
@Lokjell - Who milled your slide for the Shield?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@Lokjell - Who milled your slide for the Shield?
View Quote
@KTM300XCW
The Shield fits without modification.  The only thing you need is screws that fit.  I ordered a 100 pack so I've got tons.  If anybody needs the screws, send me a PM and I'll mail you a few.

Also, when removing the cover plate be very careful.  The screws are tiny and take a #2 allen wrench and the head strips easily.  Had to mail my slide back to Sig to get one of them removed.  They had it back to me in under a week.

Really like the Shield.  It's really light and tiny.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@KTM300XCW
The Shield fits without modification.  The only thing you need is screws that fit.  I ordered a 100 pack so I've got tons.  If anybody needs the screws, send me a PM and I'll mail you a few.

Also, when removing the cover plate be very careful.  The screws are tiny and take a #2 allen wrench and the head strips easily.  Had to mail my slide back to Sig to get one of them removed.  They had it back to me in under a week.

View Quote
Well, I am going to buy one for sure now. I'll start looking for one. This place costs me too much money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
365xl is what I've been looking at replacing my Kahr CW9 with but I'm just seeing a lot of stories like this with no 100% certainty as to why they are having various issues.  Makes me nervous on a CCW gun
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Harry’s Holsters’ XL broke in.  He hasn’t had any issues lately.
I’ll know more about mine on Monday, when I test it out again.

I AM shocked after the 365 launch fiasco, that this is happening at all.
But maybe it’s just like 2% of us.
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#15]
New 365xl here, shot it for the first time last night. 250 rounds fixed ammo, grains, and bullet shapes. Not a single gel hiccup. No primer drag, and God damn this thing has accuracy for such a small gun. Agreed it does get warm, but not unbearable. My one complaint is I have long thumbs and tend to tap the slide stop, this caused 1 failure to lock back upon empty. But that's my grips, not the guns fault.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:38:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
New 365xl here, shot it for the first time last night. 250 rounds fixed ammo, grains, and bullet shapes. Not a single gel hiccup. No primer drag, and God damn this thing has accuracy for such a small gun. Agreed it does get warm, but not unbearable. My one complaint is I have long thumbs and tend to tap the slide stop, this caused 1 failure to lock back upon empty. But that's my grips, not the guns fault.
View Quote
Great to hear that yours is trouble free so far. I have been carrying mine everyday for awhile now. It is hard to believe that this little package holds 13 rounds yet conceals so easily. And you're right it is very accurate. I bought a neomag for the second magazine and it rides very nice in my left front pocket. 25 rounds of Speer 124gr. Gold Dot on board is very sweet indeed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@KTM300XCW

View Quote
That is really slick.  How well does the gun shoot using the “rear sight” built in to the optic?  Id personally want some form of irons on there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That is really slick.  How well does the gun shoot using the “rear sight” built in to the optic?  Id personally want some form of irons on there.
View Quote
It actually works quite well.  Looks like a regular sight picture.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It actually works quite well.  Looks like a regular sight picture.
View Quote
Height is a good match for the OEM front as well?
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 11:40:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Similar to the OP... my new XL will fail to go into battery about 50% of the time, with several loads. Not impressed... should not have to ship a polymer gun back to Sig for a proper recoil spring.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Similar to the OP... my new XL will fail to go into battery about 50% of the time, with several loads. Not impressed... should not have to ship a polymer gun back to Sig for a proper recoil spring.
View Quote
Agreed. I have to say since I've gotten mine back I have close to 1k rounds now with zero issues. Having said that I did just buy a G43X and preordered the 15 round mags for it. I have a feeling that if the mags work reliably that will replace the Sig. Why? Because I know it will work. Every Glock I own has been completely and utterly reliable.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Update on 12/2.

I now have over 2000 rounds through my P365XL with nary a hiccup. I am now very confident with this firearm for EDC.
Still waiting on those 15 round Shield Arms mags for my G43X to show up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 2:12:19 PM EDT
[#23]
I just purchased the XL last Saturday .I went to the range Sunday and fired my first round and it fails to return to battery.So I remove the magazine and eject the cartridge reinsert the Magazine and after a couple rounds it does it again.After a couple dozen rounds I discover I can puss the slide back into place with my thumb of my trigger finger.I give up and call Sig Monday and they tell me the gun is made very tight and needs rounds fired through but the situation will correct itself and if it persists after 500 rounds it’s a mechanical issue and needs returning.I take the gun apart and oil the slide real well,all metal on slide and receiver/body.I went to range yesterday at the store where I bought the gun and talked to the guy that sold it to me who’s an instructor and armorer and retired law enforcement he says it’s an easy fix so we go shoot....Ran 100 rounds and it didn’t return to battery only one time and that was early so I’m holding out hope that the situation is resolved .My only issue is why would Sig sell a gun that needs a “break in” period?Thats what Sig told me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Did you check to make sure the gun was properly lubed before you went shooting the first time? Or did you just go from the box straight to the firing line?

I have seen 365s  come out of the box both ways, some dripping wet with oil and some bone dry. The people I know who complained about their new gun not working had no lube on the gun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I did not.It was dripping with oil and the guy at the store said to wipe it down on the outside then apply a bit of oil to outside of barrel.After my initial issue I cam home took it apart and oiled all metal parts and racked it a few times then when I went to the range and ran a quick 100 rounds with and instructor I only had it not go back to battery one time.Seems to be fine but I’ll be going back to range in a couple days
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top