Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2020 6:46:40 PM EDT
i picked up a m18 and it came with 3 factory 17 rd mags converted to 10.  I knew it when i bought it and have more mags coming in shortly that are 17rd.  Has anyone converted these to a full 17rd??
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Photos... I have never seen 10 round 320 magazines.  Seeing them might help figure out how to fix them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Let see if these pics work
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy new ones, sell those to someone in a 10 rd. state.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Just a WAG but when you dissemble them, do they have a limiter inside?  Mag pull makes a limiter for commie staters that looks to just drop in and sit on top of the floor plate.

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just a WAG but when you dissemble them, do they have a limiter inside?  Mag pull makes a limiter for commie staters that looks to just drop in and sit on top of the floor plate.

View Quote

The tubes have crimps in them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The tubes have crimps in them.
View Quote

Drill it out with a step bit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Since i have more coming already my thought was target range mags
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since i have more coming already my thought was target range mags
View Quote

That works.

I normally only put a few in the mags so I can do mag swaps. 3 and 3 most of the time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Paint the floor plates orange or red so you won't grab one by mistake. Make them training mags.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Sell them or drill out the dimple. May be a good idea to take some sand paper to the inside of the tube if you decide to drill them out. I'd also keep them as range mags if that's the route you decide to take.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Why don’t you just sell them for a slight loss and buy the proper mags?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Former Californian here.

Pull out the guts from both mags and see if the spring is the same length for the 10rd as it is for the 17rd.

If it is, all you need to do is drill out those dimples in the side of the mag body, deburr the edges, and then reassemble. Voila, 17 rounds.

Wouldn’t recommend using the drilled mags for anything serious since the holes might compromise the integrity. They’ll be training/range mags ONLY.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Springs are the same lenght. They make great target range mags for reloads and drills.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 4:28:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Those aren't "converted".
They are factory 10rd mags meant for sales in the Communist states.
People have drilled out the "divot" but it's a pain in the ass and the end result is garbage.
Sell them.
I think Ebay allows up to 10rd mags to be posted for sale.

If you want inexpensive (and awesome) 17's then get these...
http://gregcotellc.com/cart/sig-sauer-magazines-c-123/actmag-armscor-sig-sauer-p250-p320-m17-9mm-17-rd-3209-p-2047.html
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#16]
They go for $40 new, as mentioned you could sell on EE or similar to those of stuck with stupid 10 rounders. I think the tans ones might be hard to find in 10-rounds..

I'm looking at maybe eventually picking up either a 320 or M17/M18, probably at BassPro as I have gift cards. Just waiting for them to open...

I might be interested depending on price..
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Thanks for posting these images. I was wondering how Sig addresses states with 10 rd regulations. I was hoping it was a simple peg or block that could be easily user removed.

They punched dimples into the mag body. This makes me mad.

I am in the market for a Legion but I live in a Commie state, so I’ll receive 3, 10 round mags. Not even the the 17 free states receive (or the 4, 21 rounders from the X5).

The banality of my state is that you may possess any mag capacity, but you may not buy, receive, or transfer anything over 10 within the state.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:32:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Shadow_Dancer:

Thanks for posting these images. I was wondering how Sig addresses states with 10 rd regulations. I was hoping it was a simple peg or block that could be easily user removed. 

They punched dimples into the mag body. This makes me mad. 

I am in the market for a Legion but I live in a Commie state, so I’ll receive 3, 10 round mags. Not even the the 17 free states receive (or the 4, 21 rounders from the X5). 

The banality of my state is that you may possess any mag capacity, but you may not buy, receive, or transfer anything over 10 within the state. 
View Quote

A lot of the 10 round states require the mags to be modified so they are permanently blocked to 10 rds.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Are standard capacity mag bodies available for sale ?
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are standard capacity mag bodies available for sale ?
View Quote

Just buy the ACT mags, they are perfect copies of the Sig mags. Even the Springer and TTI base pads fit them. They are like $20 each.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just buy the ACT mags, they are perfect copies of the Sig mags. Even the Springer and TTI base pads fit them. They are like $20 each.
View Quote

This ^^^
Sell off the 10rd mags.
Buy the ACT-MAG 17rd mags !

The only downside is that you'll piss in your pants just lookin' at 'em !

DD
Who just touched one with a Gray Guns basepad on it and I had to run for the nearest Rest Room !
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#22]
If you have the proper bits you can drill out the dimples, it's not hard.

The idea it's going to deleteriously affect them in any way is nonsense. Does having a 1/4" hole in the side make the mags technically weaker? Sure, but not to the point that normal use is going to break them. I have factory mags made out of the exact same material with 24 witness holes in them, no one seems to think that's a problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top