Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2020 2:08:24 PM EDT
Wanted to see if anyone in the Hive has had an issue with their P320, mine is an XTAC but I assume that doesn't matter.

The gun is new, I have had for a few months sitting in the safe.  I pulled it out to play with it, (I'm talking about the Sig P320... ).  I remember when I bought it the slide would not close all the way when cycling the slide slow.  The issue is still there, I have not shot the gun yet and just figured the barrel to slide fit was tight and probably needs a few hundred rounds through it to break it in..

I can push the slide forward and it will close all the way and if I drop the slide and let it slam home, it will close all the way (I know it is bad to slam the slide home on an empty chamber).  It almost feels like the slide gets caught on something about an 1/8" from fully closing (the recoil guide rod will stick out the front of the slide a bit) and I get that same stuck feeling when I try to cycle the action open.  I do not own any snapcaps in 9mm to see if there would be any cycling issues with a round present.

Any of you ladies ran into this issue?  I am curious if I should spend the time and ammo to see if the issue will work its self out or just contact SIG and send it back for repair?

I have two of these P320 XTAC's and the other one has no issues with it, the slide opens and closes as normal when cycling slow.  Both are NIB.

Thanks,
D
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Wanted to see if anyone in the Hive has had an issue with their P320, mine is an XTAC but I assume that doesn't matter.

The gun is new, I have had for a few months sitting in the safe.  I pulled it out to play with it, (I'm talking about the Sig P320... ).  I remember when I bought it the slide would not close all the way when cycling the slide slow.  The issue is still there, I have not shot the gun yet and just figured the barrel to slide fit was tight and probably needs a few hundred rounds through it to break it in..

I can push the slide forward and it will close all the way and if I drop the slide and let it slam home, it will close all the way (I know it is bad to slam the slide home on an empty chamber).  It almost feels like the slide gets caught on something about an 1/8" from fully closing (the recoil guide rod will stick out the front of the slide a bit) and I get that same stuck feeling when I try to cycle the action open.  I do not own any snapcaps in 9mm to see if there would be any cycling issues with a round present.

Any of you ladies ran into this issue?  I am curious if I should spend the time and ammo to see if the issue will work its self out or just contact SIG and send it back for repair?

I have two of these P320 XTAC's and the other one has no issues with it, the slide opens and closes as normal when cycling slow.  Both are NIB.

Thanks,
D
View Quote

Time to go shoot and stop playing with it.
And don't "ride the slide".
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Time to go shoot and stop playing with it.
And don't "ride the slide".
View Quote

+1
Both my X-Carry and X-5 (withover 5000 rnds through it)  Do the same thing. It is called a tight lockup because of the fitted Marksman barrel.

Now go Shoot!

cp
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!  Thanks for the info guys!

D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top