Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2021 4:05:02 PM EDT
Hello,
Just got a new production X5 Legion and like it so far.  It has around a 3.5lbs trigger pull which is nice, but it is a rolling pull the whole way with no real discernible wall.  Anyway to get a more distinct break?

Also what weight recoil spring is recommended with 124/147gr bullets?  Mine came with the red/orange #12 installed.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:01:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I put THIS and THIS in my M18.  World of difference!  My new favorite shooter!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put THIS and THIS in my M18.  World of difference!  My new favorite shooter!!
View Quote

I second this. I have the Keres Adjustable Trigger for over travel and pretravel adjustments + the NEW Apex P320 trigger bar (works with manual now). I originally purchased the Competition Greyguns trigger set, but I think I'm only using the sear and the lightest return spring. Tactical pontoon makes a good sear spring set for like $20. Be aware that if you use the forwarded set trigger bar from Apex, the trigger pull weight increases because leverage point changes. With my above/below mentions, I think I'm clocking around 3 - 3.5 lbs AVG pull with 0 creep, 0 overtravel, and 0 pretravel and a super clean feeling break. Obviously that can be adjusted. It's SOOOOOO nice now.

So in short of you want to deck out your P320 for the best pull/weight possible with a discernable wall/break try:
- Keres P320 Pro Adjust Trigger OR Armorycraft P320 Adjustable Trigger
- Apex P320 forward set trigger bar w/ the pretravel stop
- Greyguns Custom Sear
- Greyguns Return spring for lighter weight (you have 2 springs to choose from)
- Tactical Pontoon Sear Spring set
- For higher pull/return weight, companies like Armorycraft or Galloway or many other makes a 10% increased return spring, which yields about 1 - 1.5 lbs increase.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
So what does the Apex trigger bar get you if the trigger already has pretravel adjustment built in?

...already ordered the armory craft trigger and the apex trigger bar but now that i've stopped to think about it I'm wondering if I should just return the trigger bar.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Trigger bar shortens the total travel of the trigger.  The overtravel that comes with the trigger bar is generic only.  The Keres adjustable trigger can be very finely tuned for both reset and overtravel. I used the trigger bar but not the overtravel part with the kit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you use the Apex trigger bar with the stock (M17) trigger?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 10:07:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you use the Apex trigger bar with the stock (M17) trigger?
View Quote

Yes, but I would buy directly from Apex. The trigger bar was recently updated for manual safety. Before, it didn't not work with manual so old suppliers might have the old one.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, but I would buy directly from Apex. The trigger bar was recently updated for manual safety. Before, it didn't not work with manual so old suppliers might have the old one.
View Quote

Hmmm...  do you know how recent or a way to tell the difference?  I bought the Apex trigger bar and straight trigger and didn't like the straight trigger so I removed everything and went back to stock.  I don't have a safety, so not sure if it matters.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The non-safety trigger bar can easily be altered to fit the M17/M18.  Just a little trim work.  The non-safety version has a hook.  Black in the picture.  Trim that off and good to go.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmm...  here's the one I bought 4-5 months ago.  I guess it's a new one since it has the hook for the safety, but I ran it on the M17 w/ no safety and it seemed to run fine.  I just didn't like the flat trigger.  I wouldn't mind running the trigger bar with the stock trigger, but didn't know if they would work together.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I just looked it up on Apex's website.  You can buy just the Apex trigger bar for the P320 and this is what is says:

Designed for use int he factory upgraded models of the Sig Sauer P320, the Apex patented Forward Set Trigger Bar significantly reduces trigger travel. It works with the factory trigger but can also be paired with the Apex triggers for the P320. When properly installed, this trigger bar will:

– Reduce trigger travel approx. 20%

– Reduce reset

– In X-Series models, does not reduce pull weight but does reduce overall travel 20%

– Maintain factory drop safety values

Note:  Due to the changes in leverage inherent in reduction of trigger travel, your trigger pull will increase by approximately 10% with this component installed.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The bar WITH the hook on the end is for the NON-safety version.  If you have the safety and don't want to remove it, you will have to trim the hook off if you use the APEX.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hmmm...  here's the one I bought 4-5 months ago.  I guess it's a new one since it has the hook for the safety, but I ran it on the M17 w/ no safety and it seemed to run fine.  I just didn't like the flat trigger.  I wouldn't mind running the trigger bar with the stock trigger, but didn't know if they would work together.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228894/apex_jpg-1956396.JPG
View Quote

This is the old version. They legit just released the new one within the last month or two. On the Apex website, it shows a pic of the new one, which looks different than the pic you showed. It's the same link. I received the Apex bar about a week and a half ago and it was the new one.

In terms of making the trigger break more crisp and less spongy, apparently it's an issue with the striker assembly. Some are clean and crisp and others are super spongey.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Also what weight recoil spring is recommended with 124/147gr bullets?  Mine came with the red/orange #12 installed.

Thanks!
View Quote

If that's the standard recoil spring, should work with any factory ammo, 115/124/147 grain bullets.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#14]
For what it's worth, I do think the trigger return spring effects how crisp the break feels. I changed my spring from the Grayguns lighter spring to a -20% IVI spring. It's a tad smaller than this spring and has a different geometry in which the spring is wound. It made the break feels better without effecting pull weight vs the lightweight Grayguns spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top