Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2020 5:05:31 PM EDT
I recently bought a P320 slide (used, no sights) that was machined for an RMR.  When I went to install sights I discovered that the dovetails cut into the slide are slightly oversized and the sights freely move within the dovetail.  I know the sights are the correct size because I removed them from a new P320 using a sight pusher.  

I have a few ideas as to how to fix this, but wanted to hear what others have done.  TIA.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Wedge a strip of shim stock up under the sights in the dovetail.  Or I you want to be manly about it, fill the slots up with weld and mill it again.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Depending on how oversized, a sharp center punch can raise some metal in the dovetails and give a tighter fit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:09:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Were the sight dovetails recut when it was milled?

They might be Glock dovetails for co-witness sights.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Were the sight dovetails recut when it was milled?

They might be Glock dovetails for co-witness sights.
View Quote

I don't know since I bought the slide already milled.  

Do they make dovetail front sights for Glocks?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Going to guess that the dovetails are fine.  The "used" sights are undersized from being installed and uninstalled.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depending on how oversized, a sharp center punch can raise some metal in the dovetails and give a tighter fit.
View Quote

Try this, but punch the sights, not the dovetails.  Mess with the cheaper part first.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Cut a shim out of beer or pop can and install normally
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top