Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2022 1:41:59 AM EDT
Hey guys looking for help here. First off, at heart I’m a glock dude. I shoot my 19 a lot, like a lot and never have issues.

Well I saw the new p320 comp builds and decide to try one out. Spec list as follows. Pmm barrel and comp, 320 fcu, fullsize grip module, and I’ve tried two slides, a sig slide and a zev slide.

The issue I’m having is a whole bunch of failure to fires. I’m getting light primer strikes and when they do hit it’s on the edge of the primer. Pretty weird. Also getting heavy striker drag.

I tried another striker assembly and same thing. I’ve tried a few slides and same thing. Does anyone have any input?

It does look like the firing pin hole in the slide is not center. Is it susposed to be that way or have I just got bad slides?  Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys looking for help here. First off, at heart I’m a glock dude. I shoot my 19 a lot, like a lot and never have issues.

Well I saw the new p320 comp builds and decide to try one out. Spec list as follows. Pmm barrel and comp, 320 fcu, fullsize grip module, and I’ve tried two slides, a sig slide and a zev slide.

The issue I’m having is a whole bunch of failure to fires. I’m getting light primer strikes and when they do hit it’s on the edge of the primer. Pretty weird. Also getting heavy striker drag.

I tried another striker assembly and same thing. I’ve tried a few slides and same thing. Does anyone have any input?

It does look like the firing pin hole in the slide is not center. Is it susposed to be that way or have I just got bad slides?  Any input is appreciated.
View Quote

Did you purchase the 320 as stock or as a custom build?

I would return whatever possible to factory build.

Report what happens after that.

We need a bit more info to narrow this down.

--- For now, it sounds like you have something going on between your FCU and striker assembly? Is the issue persistent with your SIG slide or only the ZEV slide?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
It happened with the sig slide and my zev slide. I’m working on pics now. If you have a 320 will you look at the breach face and see if the striker hole is center
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Pics uploaded. Notice striker location , drag, and where the striker hole is located. Those are pics of two different slides. I did try a third for a bit and it does the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#5]
M18

What did you purchase the 320 as? A custom build or?

It looks like an issue with your striker assembly because your breach face is centered fine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:00:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Yours looks fine. You see mine?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Factory or 80% FCU? I have an 80 that took me a bit to work out all the kinks. Also 1 upper not working right is one thing but two or 3 tells me it’s your FCU. Check all your springs watch some you tube videos on lower assembly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:04:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yours looks fine. You see mine?
View Quote

Your breach face seems fine measurement-wise.

It sounds like either an FCU or striker assembly issue.

Was this a complete, stock P320 build from SIG or was this a custom build?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:05:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Unless!! You are sharing striker assemblies on all your slides. Make sure it’s installed right if it is order another striker assembly
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#10]
If you look close at the brass mark it looks to me that my striker hole is at the 6 o’clock. It’s center left and right but not up and down.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:08:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you look close at the brass mark it looks to me that my striker hole is at the 6 o’clock. It’s center left and right but not up and down.
View Quote

Help us out....

What was this build? A stock, factory SIG P320? Or a custom build with a SIG FCU?

@WTR_Warlord and I can pretty much assure that it is going to be either an FCU issue or Striker Assembly issue.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:10:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Build with sig parts minus the pmm barrel and comp. I’ve used a sig slide, sig fcu that I bought standalone, sig grip.

Used a total of three different slides. Standard sig, sig axg, and this zev.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:11:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Build with sig parts minus the pmm barrel and comp. I’ve used a sig slide, sig fcu that I bought standalone, sig grip.

Used a total of three different slides. Standard sig, sig axg, and this zev.
View Quote

Have you done any modifications to the SIG FCU?

For example, replacement trigger, replacement springs, removal of manual safety (if included)...?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:11:54 AM EDT
[#14]
None at all
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:13:14 AM EDT
[#15]
I would watch some videos to make sure your striker assemblies are installed correctly and not broken.

If your using an 80 make sure your tabs adequately cut bent and smooth.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
None at all
View Quote

If your FCU has not been touched, it is almost certainly a striker assembly issue.

FDEZ WERX is the only place I've seen right now with full assemblies in stock.

You should only use one assembly per slide, don't interchange them between slides.

Like WTR_Warlord stated, videos are a great help. But if your FCU hasn't been touched, its your striker assembly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:20:22 AM EDT
[#17]
What’s weird is I’ve used two different striker assemblies. Two of the sig slides was complete. All I changed is the barrel. You think a barrel could do something like this?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:25:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What’s weird is I’ve used two different striker assemblies. Two of the sig slides was complete. All I changed is the barrel. You think a barrel could do something like this?
View Quote

Realistically it could be several things...

What length is your barrel?
What guide rod/springs are you using?
Is your RMR mount interfering with the ejection components?
What magazines are you using?

The list can go on and on...

I'm logging off for the night. I would say its striker assembly and there's some issue between it and the FCU. If not that, then it could be the recoil spring and guide rod not fully bringing the slide back into battery causing a failure.

Tagged for updates until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:26:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I seem to remember PMM being picky about the breech face measurements, the older slides needed barrel mods to work.  See if you can borrow another barrel, and if that solves your problem, reach out to PMM.

ETA:  Yep, there's a known compatibility issue.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/p320-x-carry-barrel-modification-service/
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:34:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Sig mags, 3.6 subcompact slide dpm recoil spring -also does it with factory spring.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 2:36:06 AM EDT
[#21]
My slides are the newer ones I believe. I’ll measure the breechface tomorrow. My calipers I have at home died. I work at a gun shop, tomorrow I’ll do some swapping on the used guns I have and see what heppens and report back.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 4:58:34 AM EDT
[#22]
You have tried different ammo correct?
Don't put any oil in striker.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My slides are the newer ones I believe. I’ll measure the breechface tomorrow. My calipers I have at home died. I work at a gun shop, tomorrow I’ll do some swapping on the used guns I have and see what heppens and report back.
View Quote

I doubt it's the breach face but you can double check that to mark that one off.

Doing some research from PMM, it says their 3.6" Barrel/Comp combos are compatible with full size grip modules, which is what you are using.

What size is your DPM recoil spring? Factory spring? Your recoil spring size should reflect the size of your grip module (unless anyone can clarify this).

This video appears to have all you've mentioned that your setup has: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSH5udEkN8

After watching the video, hearing about your setup, I'm willing to bet that it is now either a striker assembly OR recoil spring issue.

Make sure your striker assembly, the striker pin, and the spring itself, are bone dry. Also in good enough functioning condition. If the plastic where the spring housing sits is chewed up from replacing it over and over, it's time for a new assembly.

Then it appears to basically be trial and error with which spring tension works if you're using the DPM.

I personally ran into a similar issue using a Rival Arms tungsten rod in my P365 during a grip module test I had done a few months ago. The spring was too heavy causing the firearm to not fully return to battery which eventually led to light primer strikes and failures to fire, nearly identical to what you have.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#24]
maybe barrel isnt cocentric?
Who made the barrel?
Do you have more than one?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
... PMM picky about the breech face measurements, the older slides needed barrel mods to work.  See if you can borrow another barrel, and if that solves your problem, reach out to PMM.

ETA:  Yep, there's a known compatibility issue.

https://www.parkermountainmachine.com/product/p320-x-carry-barrel-modification-service/
Try it with a SIG barrel.

If the striker sets off the primer and the weapon shoots, it's doing its job.  A perfectly-centered firing pin indent isn't common in any other mass-produced pistol, either.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.

Put the original barrel back in or swap a factory barrel from another SIG.

Test fire for effect.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:21:22 PM EDT
[#27]
So just got back from the range. Tried another sig factory barrel and different striker assemblies. Same thing. It’s the striker is hitting to far at 6 o’clock. If you look at the beech face of the slide I posted you can see the striker hole is way low. I also found this out by looking at my light strike that is way off then putting it back in my gun with the light strike at 12 o’clock then shooting. There is two striker marks vertically side by side. I’ll upload the pics. It’s weird that both striker holes in both my slides are low tho.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:47:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Idk what’s going on with the pics. They aren’t uploading
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So just got back from the range. Tried another sig factory barrel and different striker assemblies. Same thing. It’s the striker is hitting to far at 6 o’clock. If you look at the beech face of the slide I posted you can see the striker hole is way low. I also found this out by looking at my light strike that is way off then putting it back in my gun with the light strike at 12 o’clock then shooting. There is two striker marks vertically side by side. I’ll upload the pics. It’s weird that both striker holes in both my slides are low tho.
View Quote

Its weird that this would be happening with a SIG factory slide/barrel....

Are you getting ANY fired rounds or failure for every strike?
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#32]
It’s random. Sometimes 3-5 rds a mag. Other times it’s every 50 rds or so. But even the ones that do go off the striker mark is way off. What else is weird is the subcompact 32 I have at the shop is the same way. Idk what to do.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It’s random. Sometimes 3-5 rds a mag. Other times it’s every 50 rds or so. But even the ones that do go off the striker mark is way off. What else is weird is the subcompact 32 I have at the shop is the same way. Idk what to do.
View Quote

If you're not getting a failure to fire every round, and it is sporadic, I'm now thinking that it's a battery issue and that the recoil spring/guide rod isn't fitting properly which is causing the breach face to be slightly out of alignment causing your primer strikes but failing to ignite.

Based on this, I'd say there is some weird compatibility issue between your PMM barrel & comp and the spring/guide rod setup you have.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Update. My buddy let me use his slide. The striker hole is center. Shot 1500 rds this weekend not one failure.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 12:25:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Update. My buddy let me use his slide. The striker hole is center. Shot 1500 rds this weekend not one failure.
View Quote

Send both defunct slides back for repair/replacement.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#36]
That's just weird that two different slides, from two different companies, machined a whole continent apart had the same issues.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#37]
According to zev all they do is buy the slides from sig and do cosmetic work.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#38]
If it does it with two slides, it is not the slide, it is the barrel hood.

The problem followed the barrel.  The lockup is a little low or the chamber isn't cut square to the hood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top