Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2020 9:26:09 AM EDT
There area few manufacturers/websites advertising 80% p320 frames and jigs.  Does anyone have an opinion which is the best quality and or ease or use for a quality end-result?
Thanks everyone
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the frames and jigs are all from jsd originally. The problem right now seems to be parts availability.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There area few manufacturers/websites advertising 80% p320 frames and jigs.  Does anyone have an opinion which is the best quality and or ease or use for a quality end-result?
Thanks everyone
View Quote

Here is my thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Sig-p320-80-easy-enough-for-most-cavemen-to-do-with-photos-and-video-links-/4-193688/

Andeo is right:  

- JSD Supply is the one and only manufacturer of the FCU or fire control unit.  They also make the jig (it’s extremely well made).

- I thought I saw the 80% frame on sale for $80 recently; might be worth shopping around.

- buy a METRIC set of drill bits instead of the free bits included with the jig

- parts are a bit tough to find at the moment, but that’s true about all guns;  all the local stores shelves are bare because of COVID.

- OEM trigger bars and triggers are practically free because of guys replacing them with APEX parts

- remember: making your own firearm is not (at all) about saving money.  If you can’t afford the 80% hobby, then go be poor someplace else.

- used jigs seem to sell on the EE for about $100 so you can recoup some costs there

Please feel free to ask questions here or in the other thread

@Andeo1025

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thanks everyone
View Quote

JSD right now owns the category.
Others are JSD dealers doing the "re-selling" thing.
Some people like to do this project, but I think JSD is price-gouging on the 80% blanks.
The jig ? Sell the jig for what it's worth. I have no problem with that.

If I can buy an OEM FCU frame for $29, then JSD should be able to come down on their 80% blank price.
But they are going to milk it until someone else provides competition.

My 2 cents
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
JSD is preparing to launch a P365 80%.

It will be a very different product compared to the 320.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is how my first attempt turned out:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My first build wasn't that hard but I did a p250 not a p320. I'm keeping an eye out for parts kits in stock and I'll probably do a p320. I kind of want a 45 because that's what my p250 is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting. The actual P365 FCU is MIM isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:02:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It certainly looks that way from my image searches on it:

Not sure how JSD plans to manufacture these.  

Best guess is:  CNC from billet stainless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top