Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2018 8:07:59 PM EDT
Was out firing today, will S&W be any help? If no, where can i get a new slide.

My P22 has the 5 inch barrel with the compensator on the end, what I believe happened was the 2 allen screw were loose that clamp the compensator and the compensator was canted slightly and broke the slide.

If you look in the pics you will see the compensator canted

BOTTOM PICTURE, I circled and put an arrow showing the canted compensator.  Guess i need to pay more attention to this, friggin sucks, this was my first pistol i purchased.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/30/2018 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
My experience with Smith customer service has always been great. I would definitely contact them and see what they say.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't call Smith because they'll tell you to call Walther.

Call Walther
479-242-8500 Ext 7 M-F 8am-5pm CST
or email at [email protected]

The P22 has a lifetime warranty so they should replace the slide for you.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
long known issue. if the slide hit the extension it will break.

good luck with walther took me over 18 months to get a replacement hammer when a ring snapped off. walther service SUCKS
View Quote
When did you contact Walther?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Update

So i emailed Walther, in the email i stated that the slide broke, and wanted info on how to obtain a new one, i did not mention warranty or anthing like that, just on how to obtain a new slide.

They responded with an email and attatched warranty form, filled out form and sent broken slide in.

I sent it off last week, the slide arrived at Walther on Friday 30 Nov, today i received tracking info for a new slide.

Guess their customer service has changed, as i wasn't expecting this.

Hats off to Walther for their customer service.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
several years ago. their support sucks balls
View Quote
Sounds like you dealt with them when Smith and Wesson was doing their customer service 2000-2013.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Received new slide today, they sent the P22Q slide, just ran 3 mags through no problems.

I ordered the 3.5 inch barrel, until that comes in, i am keep the spacer thing off of it.  Not sure there is much of an accuracy problem between the 5" and 3.5" barrel, its just a plinker gun anywho.

That was great customer service, true lifetime warranty, the complete slide retails for $95
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]

To both YOU and Walther.

Aloha, Mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top