Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 9:07:22 AM EDT
Great job on fit and finish. Anxious to get it sighted in when the weather allows it. (Sorry about potato pic).
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:35:14 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the purpose of the muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Compensators help to slightly reduce felt recoil, but largely reduce muzzle flip by directing some of the gasses upwards (pushes the muzzle down) allowing you to shoot flatter, faster, more accurately since your gun doesn't move around as much as it fires.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#4]
How long did it take? I just sent mine in last week for rmr, backup sights and sniper grey cerakote. Hoping to have it back before dec 1 for a 5k run and gun.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great job on fit and finish. Anxious to get it sighted in when the weather allows it. (Sorry about potato pic).
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/464216/_IMG_000000_000000-729625.jpg
View Quote
That looks pretty daggon good
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Compensators help to slightly reduce felt recoil, but largely reduce muzzle flip by directing some of the gasses upwards (pushes the muzzle down) allowing you to shoot flatter, faster, more accurately since your gun doesn't move around as much as it fires.
View Quote
No, you missed my point, I'm afraid. It's a 9mm, a brake on a 9mm is worthless as tits on Hitlery. I've shot USPSA for years & have played with enough race guns in .38Super and .40 to know they need horsepower to work. 9mm ain't gonna feed that motor is what I'm saying.

IOW, a waste of money, so why the brake?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How long did it take? I just sent mine in last week for rmr, backup sights and sniper grey cerakote. Hoping to have it back before dec 1 for a 5k run and gun.
View Quote
Took a little over 2 weeks. Nitride finish added a little more time.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 6:06:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, you missed my point, I'm afraid. It's a 9mm, a brake on a 9mm is worthless as tits on Hitlery. I've shot USPSA for years & have played with enough race guns in .38Super and .40 to know they need horsepower to work. 9mm ain't gonna feed that motor is what I'm saying.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why the brake? I figured that for the low cost,  if it doesn't improve, (or hinders) my accuracy or function of my pistol, I will remove it.  I have never shot USPSA,  nor do I plan to in the near future. Anymore, I'm lucky to get out a half-dozen times a year to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Why the brake? I figured that for the low cost,  if it doesn't improve, (or hinders) my accuracy or function of my pistol, I will remove it.  I have never shot USPSA,  nor do I plan to in the near future. Anymore, I'm lucky to get out a half-dozen times a year to shoot.
View Quote
The guys who use them in matches in 9mm tell me they have to use +P or +P+ level ammo for it to have any benefit. A steady diet of +P or +P+ ammo in a OEM gun is not going to do it any good. Unless you reload, there's also the cost of the ammo.

Obviously you state you shoot about as much as I do these days, so it's not like you're going to go hog wild with hot ammo.

The brake will also make it more difficult to fit a "normal" holster as well.

But, hey. Your gun, your money, your choice. Ain't America great?  
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Shout out to primary machine. I think my slide was there a whole week before I got the notice that it was being shipped back. Thanks for the super fast turn around and can't wait to rock my p09 in a match coming up december 1st. Will give me plenty of time to dry fire. I already have a pretty solid presentation so just need to get used to not focusing on the dot.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:56:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The anti comp 9mm guys crack us up. lol
View Quote
Some would compare them to the cold air intakes on trucks & cars.

But whatever it takes to sell some product, eh?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In Ransom rest tests, we reduced a considerable amount of muzzle flip with plain old 115gr ammo. (~35% reduction) We will be posting test videos soon for nay sayers.

The anti comp 9mm guys crack us up. lol
View Quote
Here is my 09 with your comp.

Attachment Attached File

I noticed an OK reduction running 150 gr Subsonic

A good notice on 124 gr

very noticeable on 115 gr.

They really do work......

@PrimaryMachine_Bruce
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 6:06:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Shout out to primary machine. I think my slide was there a whole week before I got the notice that it was being shipped back. Thanks for the super fast turn around and can't wait to rock my p09 in a match coming up december 1st. Will give me plenty of time to dry fire. I already have a pretty solid presentation so just need to get used to not focusing on the dot.
View Quote
I'm curious how I will perform with a dot. Never used one on a pistol. I'm sure there will be a learning curve.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm curious how I will perform with a dot. Never used one on a pistol. I'm sure there will be a learning curve.
View Quote
I've tried them on friend's race guns. You are correct in that they do take getting used to, IMO.

My concern would be getting hooked on one & then not having it on my carry gun. I supposes that too would simply be just another adjustment to make. Some guys prefer the cross hair design, some do the dot. I've got one on a .22 pistol that has multiple reticules, allowing one to choose which one to use.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Having a dot is like cheating or playing a video game, IMHO.

its a bit faster on sight picture, and if you get into some odd body position, you can get on target much easier.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Finally got to the range.  Zeroed in at 15 yds;  what a game changer for my old eyes.  Took it out to 25 and realized how much my hands shake when acquiring the target.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Finally got to the range.  Zeroed in at 15 yds;  what a game changer for my old eyes.  Took it out to 25 and realized how much my hands shake when acquiring the target.
View Quote
zero it at 25 yards.

You can hit from 1 to 30 ....
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I really like the look of those brakes...If I get something besides a Glock (I mean, it just needs to be a big square to match the lines)  to put one on in the future, definitely  gonna give Primary Machine the first look.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Keeps the muzzle flat when you're running fast.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell that to all the people running 9mm in Open.

A properly designed brake provides some benefit for standard pressure 9mm ammunition.  Hell. A properly designed brake even provides benefit in a PCC running minor PF.

Been shooting USPSA for years as well, my dude.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The guys who use them in matches in 9mm tell me they have to use +P or +P+ level ammo for it to have any benefit. A steady diet of +P or +P+ ammo in a OEM gun is not going to do it any good. Unless you reload, there's also the cost of the ammo.

Obviously you state you shoot about as much as I do these days, so it's not like you're going to go hog wild with hot ammo.

The brake will also make it more difficult to fit a "normal" holster as well.

But, hey. Your gun, your money, your choice. Ain't America great?  
View Quote
With a comp specifically designed for an Open gun, this is true.

We're not talking about a two inch long comp on an Open Gun, however.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've tried them on friend's race guns. You are correct in that they do take getting used to, IMO.

My concern would be getting hooked on one & then not having it on my carry gun. I supposes that too would simply be just another adjustment to make. Some guys prefer the cross hair design, some do the dot. I've got one on a .22 pistol that has multiple reticules, allowing one to choose which one to use.
View Quote
Which RDS being run on a handgun - either carry or competition - has a cross hair type reticle?

After reading more of your posts, I'm beginning to question how much recent competition experience you actually have.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Which RDS being run on a handgun - either carry or competition - has a cross hair type reticle?

After reading more of your posts, I'm beginning to question how much recent competition experience you actually have.
View Quote
There's a couple on Amazon that have multiple reticles to choose from, in green or red, for like $30. She said it's on a . 22lr. I've thought about trying one just for laughs.

Cheaper than I thought.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
There's a couple on Amazon that have multiple reticles to choose from, in green or red, for like $30. She said it's on a . 22lr. I've thought about trying one just for laughs.

Cheaper than I thought.
View Quote
If there's a single person with one of those on a carry or competition handgun they need to be forced to put their head down on the desk and contemplate their failures in life for at least 10-15 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If there's a single person with one of those on a carry or competition handgun they need to be forced to put their head down on the desk and contemplate their failures in life for at least 10-15 minutes.
View Quote

Pretty much.  That seems like the frame around the glass err probably plastic would break if you looked at it the wrong way.

The only really cheap dot I've seen that works okay (on a non serious gun that is super cheap) is the Field Sport Red Dot (red only).  Amazon Link

If you watch 704 Tactical's video on Youtube he has beaten the crap out of them and they still work.  I have one on my 10/22 I occasionally use at Steel Challenge club matches (maybe 6x now).
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
My Tru-Glow has a combo cross hair-circle. Yes, it's not a true cross hair as we know it on a rifle scope, I admit I should have chosen better wording.

I also perhaps should note that I have never used a sight in USPSA, only irons.

I hope I've made my point a bit clearer?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Comparing a P09 to an open gun is apples to watermelons.  A real comp on a real open gun is 2+ inches long with multiple ports.  The little comp PM is putting on will probably be fine for most shooters who, like the OP shoot a few times a year and use WWB ammo.  The level of gas is minimal and the gun has little recoil to speak of to start off with, so if it helps a little or makes a shooter more confident or comfortable, so be it.  My open guns run 3 chamber comps and I push a 124gr JHP at about 179 PF (around 1440 FPS).  Most +P+ 9mm is 115 gr and it rarely exceeds 1300 in most carry or duty sized guns.

In this pic the hammer is cocked and the gun almost locked up again.  It is flat as can be and the dot never left the target plus it only has an 8lbs recoil spring in it.

Not going to talk smack on PM for selling things to people that people think they need or they want.  How many shooters go out with plate carriers, battle belts, whatever whiz bang holster, light, laser, suppressor sights and whatever then can't hit water shooting from a boat.  We can talk about the pro and cons of a comp on defensive pistol when it comes to sound, flash, shooting in the dark, shooting in confined areas, with and without a light etc.  Would I put a comp on a carry or HD gun?  No. Not yet.  But, if I was convinced that it could or would legitimately help speed and accuracy - I would consider it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I might be sending you guys a 320 slide for an optic cut after the first of the year.  I will talk to you about it then.  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Primary Machine does good work and the comps work.

Lots of gums flapping about something they don't understand.

As previously mentioned, the Stealth Comp isn't for an Open Gun running 9major loads. It helps with 115 gr loads that barely meet minor pf, so it definitely helps with +P and +P+ loads.

But don't listen to me, I'm just a guy that ran over a dozen different ammunition types through the Stealth Comp.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:12:01 PM EDT
[#35]
They also mill your slide to your sight. My rmr type 1 that I sent in to get mounted and milled for my p09 crapped the bed in the elevation dept. Sent it to trijicon and they sent me a new type 2 as a replacement. Had to file just a smidge off the milled area for the new sight to snap in.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Wait...why did you choose paper towels for your photo background though?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Wait...why did you choose paper towels for your photo background though?
View Quote
Took the pic at work; only thing available other than a dirty workbench.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top