Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2023 4:15:27 PM EDT
I have had this Kadet .22 conversion for the P-07 for a few years now but doubt I have a brick through it, more like half a brick over three range sessions.

Anyways it always had the occasional stoppage, one or two rounds per box.  It got a little worse on the last session so I gave it a good cleaning figuring it just didn’t like to run dirty.

This last trip was very problematic, about three to four stoppages per magazine.
-mostly rechambering an empty case
-a few stove pipes
- a few live round chambered that didn’t fire, on I cocked the hammer and fired with the second strike but after having so many empties rechambered I found a few live rounds I was ejecting.   I suspect a not quite in battery issue on those.

I was using exclusively Blazer ammo this last trip but have run cci sv through it just fine before too.  The ammo chamber easily.

There is now a patch of paint finish missing on the surface that the hammer contacts during the slide cycle,....bare alloy now.

I am perplexed at the moment and my next step is to try other ammo on the next trip.  The extractor tension is kind of lame but it’s blow back so it doesn’t do much.  I have tried the other recoil springs that came with the kit (blue and the red).  The black one seems to run with less problems.

There is not a lot of online discussion with these particular Kadet kits.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The CZ Forum has quite a few members with Kadet conversion kits.

Might find some info on the Kadet sub forum.  Or join up and ask questions.

cz firearms us  
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The CZ Forum has quite a few members with Kadet conversion kits.

Might find some info on the Kadet sub forum.  Or join up and ask questions.

cz firearms us  
View Quote

Thank you, I do have an account over there and had been searching for answers there too.  87% of kadet talk there was on the true Kadet pistol and original cz75 all metal kits.  The other 12.5% was on the Shadow or Sp01 kits.   The P-07/09 kits are a much different and cheaper animal.

The good news is I flooded the extractor cut with Ed’s red solvent even though it was relatively clean and free moving.  I also brought other ammo to try as well as the Blazers.  The Federal Automatch ran 80 rounds with one stoppage.  Then I switched back to the Blazers and shot 50 rounds and got about 8 stoppages.  Then switched back to Automatch for another 40 rounds with zero stoppages.  

It appears to be an ammo preference.   I know I had some stoppages before but the last trip was having a lot more problems so I got concerned.

This trip, I had several rechambered empties with the Blazer and one ejection but no fresh round chambered but the action closed on an empty chamber.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
For 22LR I personally stay away from jacketed ammo I tend to have the most issues with it over just lead.  CCI and Federal are my favorite 22LR makers but this is through my Ruger MK3/4 pistols and my S&W M&P 15-22.  I do not have a Kadet upper for my P07 so I cannot speak about that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#4]
.22 ammo and pistols/rifles are like that.  What mine runs/shoots good groups with may not work in yours.  My old Mk1 5.5" bull barrel and M52B Winchester just loved Remington Thunderbolts.  My dad's old Savage M29 pump was used/squirrel hunted with Winchester Wildcats (I thought they sucked but dad's rifle liked them).  My youngest son's M29B Savage pump and AR .22 conversion kit ran well with the Federal bulk stuff from Walmart.

Just the way it is.

Glad you found some ammo that helped your kit work better.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea, that is true regarding the vagaries of rimfire ammo.  I always had good luck with blazers.  The specs on the blazer state a higher mv than the automatch so I was perplexed at the rechambered empties, failure to eject and pick up a fresh round.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top