Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2018 9:47:09 AM EDT
Haters gonna hate either way.  S&W has just had too damn many problems as of late with QC.  Scored a NEW LCR for $315 shipped so I am not out much $$$ anyways.  Most people seem to say they are a vast improvement on a J frame design.  Lord knows the bodyguard. 38 is a disastrous attempt to copy it.  Flame away or agree with me.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:35:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I regret parting with my LCR several years ago.  I'm not sure what I was thinking about when I traded it away for something forgettable.

The LCR was an excellent revolver that was easy to carry and easy to shoot.

I now carry a S&W 637-2.  It's a very good revolver, but I really miss the LCR's trigger.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Dumped a newer production 442 that had issues for a Ruger LCRx. Been carrying it for close to 2 years now. Love the trigger pull.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I chose the LCR in .38 as my backup gun while on duty. While it is a fugly little gun, it beat out the 442/642 (for me) because: 1. It has a much better factory trigger; better than my partner's Apex'd 642. 2. It has the option of changing out the front sight to something actually visible; I went with the XS sight.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I need the UPC code for the XS sight.  I want to find the cheapest price on it.  I am also considering that sweet hogue grip with the plastic sides and rubber front and back straps
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:39:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, I need the UPC code for the XS sight.  I want to find the cheapest price on it.  I am also considering that sweet hogue grip with the plastic sides and rubber front and back straps
View Quote
https://www.xssights.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=993580&CAT=13160

This is what I have on my LCR...MUCH better sight picture (or just "a" sight picture) compared to the standard ramp and gutter sights. Part number is RP-0008N-4. Check Brownells, MidwayUSA, or Optics Planet for best pricing...
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned a number of both.  I like the easily changed front sight blade and smooth trigger pull of the LCR, but much prefer the trigger reset with the 442/642's.  I sold my LCR's but kept my j frame S&W's.  Both are great, but for my own use I prefer the j frames.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've owned a number of both.  I like the easily changed front sight blade and smooth trigger pull of the LCR, but much prefer the trigger reset with the 442/642's.  I sold my LCR's but kept my j frame S&W's.  Both are great, but for my own use I prefer the j frames.
View Quote
The LCR reset has kept me away from it. I was stoked when I heard the 9mm was coming out. Changed my mind when I reset the trigger on one in a shop.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The LCR reset has kept me away from it. I was stoked when I heard the 9mm was coming out. Changed my mind when I reset the trigger on one in a shop.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have shot traditional DA revolvers for a long time, the LCR has a very light but long reset stage. It’s easy for me to jump it and the cylinder will rotate without firing the gun. A balanced pull/reset is important to me because it isn’t my only revolver.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have shot traditional DA revolvers for a long time, the LCR has a very light but long reset stage. It’s easy for me to jump it and the cylinder will rotate without firing the gun. A balanced pull/reset is important to me because it isn’t my only revolver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you done that while shooting, or just dryfiring in the shop?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Have you done that while shooting, or just dryfiring in the shop?
View Quote
Just dryfiring, it may be a non issue. Haven’t been at the range when anyone had one to shoot. I got a 642 for the same price an LCR was, so I went with the smith. Not knocking the LCR, they wouldn’t be so popular if they didn’t work well, just didn’t seem Right for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
LCR is a great gun, I don’t think you’ll regret it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Here's a good video listing the pros and cons of each and I think he does a good objective job of it.  The reset is mentioned on here too....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

Smith & Wesson J-frame Vs Ruger LCR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top