Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2022 9:26:11 AM EDT
Questions for those who added a red dot to your PDP.

With the red dot attached but turned off can you still use the sights or does the red dot base sit too high?

What red dot hav e you found works best with the PDP.

Does the PDP come with any plates or do you need to order?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll need taller sights, Glock compatible RDS compatible sight sets.  0.364 front sight sets will work.  You can get a free plate from Walther https://waltherarms.com/optic-plate-request/

We also make a steel RMR plate for the PDP, with the newest SD Pro plate in development.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Now knowing the sights aren’t usable with a red dot attached, I will have to rethink the PDP.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Questions for those who added a red dot to your PDP.

With the red dot attached but turned off can you still use the sights or does the red dot base sit too high?

What red dot hav e you found works best with the PDP.

Does the PDP come with any plates or do you need to order?
View Quote

1. I replaced the stock sights with a set of Night Fision Costa Ludus sights...they're not as tall as true "optic height" sights, but sit just at the very lower edge of the window on a 407/507C.

https://www.nightfision.com/product/night-fision-perfect-dot-official-costa-ludus-night-sights-7

2. I've only used my 407CO on my PDP, but it works great.

3. Walther sends the plate once you buy the gun...took 3 days to get to my mailbox once I filled out the form on their website.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1. I replaced the stock sights with a set of Night Fision Costa Ludus sights...they're not as tall as true "optic height" sights, but sit just at the very lower edge of the window on a 407/507C.

https://www.nightfision.com/product/night-fision-perfect-dot-official-costa-ludus-night-sights-7

View Quote

So these sights allow you to shoot with the optics attached and off?

Can you see the sights clearly are are they truncated in any way?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So these sights allow you to shoot with the optics attached and off?

Can you see the sights clearly are are they truncated in any way?
View Quote

I haven't used them without the optic, but they'd be just like normal iron sights...just a tad taller.

I can see them clearly, but they're not obtrusive in the sight window. They're not as visible as taller optic or suppressor height sights, but that's what I was looking for...I just want them to be available should the optic stop working. I don't plan to use them otherwise.

Sorry for the potato-cam quality pic...couldn't get my camera to focus correctly. As you can see the sights aren't lined up, so the front is going to be just a smidge lower once lowered into the rear notch. The orange dot literally sits on the lower edge of the window when correctly lined up...

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for taking the time with ur reply and photo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top