Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2023 6:27:16 PM EDT

Can anyone suggest, from experience, well-fitting 'dots' for the PDP-F?

Just picked one up and really like it. Thought an EPS Carry would be a great set-up, but it appears that isn't a 'fit' (neither Holosun nor Walther has a plate for it from what I was told).

Are there any direct-mount options?

If not, what optics fit the slide best?

Next question: what holsters are made for that set-up - for carry (inside the waistband, or appendix inside the waistband)?
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]

Wow. would not have imagined that there were that many options.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 8:53:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Guardian223] [#2]
As far as I know the slide on the standard PDP and PDP-F are identical. I am planning on running the old faithful RMR type 2 on mine. However it looks like CHPWS has a plate available for the PDP that fits the EPS carry.

https://chpws.com/product/walther-defense-pdp-1-0-to-holosun-eps-eps-carry/

90% sure all F models will have the 2.0 slide cut from Walther, but do your homework to verify that before you order.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 12:05:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoolEarl] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Guardian223:
As far as I know the slide on the standard PDP and PDP-F are identical. I am planning on running the old faithful RMR type 2 on mine. However it looks like CHPWS has a plate available for the PDP that fits the EPS carry.

https://chpws.com/product/walther-defense-pdp-1-0-to-holosun-eps-eps-carry/

90% sure all F models will have the 2.0 slide cut from Walther, but do your homework to verify that before you order.
View Quote

Belated thanks. didn't think anyone would respond. you are right: the slides are the same, and as far as I can tell all the 'F' series slides are the 2.0 cut. will definitely contact CHPWS. the EPS Carry looks like it would be a good fit and is probably the best closed-emitter option at this time.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My PDP Compact has an Acro P2 on a Forward Controls plate. Pretty satisfied with that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  the Acro gets great reviews but its too big for me.

QUESTION: can anyone post a photo of a PDP-F with an EPS Carry Mounted? I would really like to see how it fits.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoolEarl] [#6]
@TexCorriente: I asked the same question in the general handgun sub-forum and got a photo of an Acro mounted on a PDF. Looks like it suits it well.

Also saw an EPS Carry on a 365, which is a little smaller than the PDP-F; suggests that it, or even the full-size EPS, might work on the PDP-F.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Tagged for interest.

I got the PDP F for my wife and daughter to shoot, and I have ended up carrying it.  took while to find a holster, got a Philster IWB.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I would think that the regular Eps would be perfect on either the Pdp compact or Pdp-f.  I wouldn’t go with the compact version.  They both have low decks but the width of the slide will match up nicely to the regular Eps and you get the advantage of a bigger window.  The Eps carry is really nice on p365 type guns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 4:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoolEarl] [#9]
Originally Posted By tnmnmnan:
I would think that the regular Eps would be perfect on either the Pdp compact or Pdp-f.  I wouldn’t go with the compact version.  They both have low decks but the width of the slide will match up nicely to the regular Eps and you get the advantage of a bigger window.  The Eps carry is really nice on p365 type guns.
View Quote

Thanks. I'm leaning that way; bigger window is a plus and, if it mates with the slide, ideal. Now, I just need to find any EPS in a store so I can see. Although after all the helpful responses here and on a similar thread in GD (asked for photos of EPS/Carry on PDFs) I should just order one ...
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 3:56:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Holosun just came out with a direct mount. It's the scs pdp. And as for a holster I love my holsters I get from T Rex Arms.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the SCS on my PDP-f series.  It's a good fit and I'm happy with it.  Please excuse the dog hair.  Pic of the gun and the source of the hair.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoolEarl] [#12]
Originally Posted By Twindad726:
Holosun just came out with a direct mount. It's the scs pdp. And as for a holster I love my holsters I get from T Rex Arms.
View Quote

Just tuned in again. Saw your response, then @HAGDADDY reply with pics. I heard about the SCS recently and, since I haven't ordered an optic yet, may look into this. Shows that it has the 2MOA dot/65MOA circle and comes in green. Very decent price, too.

Was fixed on the idea of a closed emitter, but the SCS looks so clean, well-designed, and unobtrusive that might be a great option even for carrying.  

Thinking it won't be long until optics are designed and built into the pistol. It is time.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:23:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
I have the SCS on my PDP-f series.  It's a good fit and I'm happy with it.  Please excuse the dog hair.  Pic of the gun and the source of the hair.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20230422_200548_jpg-2800914.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231293/20211127_131020_jpg-2800913.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for the pic. The SCS looks really well designed. Also, my couch looks the same .... GSD.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I like green color but I tend to find the circle-dot reticle "too busy" on a handgun.  Odd because I really like it in my Eotech with a rifle.  But...the SCS has the option if changing from circle-dot, to just circle, to just dot.  So options for everyone.  I'm running just a green dot on my Walther SCS and my Glock SCS.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:16:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Have been busy and haven't updated. Decided to get an SCS for my PDP-F. The combination of perfect fit, low profile, good usability/reliability reports, and multi-reticle, offset the advantage (and cost) of a closed emitter unit.

Due to travel, will not order until beginning of June.

Will report my impressions. Thanks, all, for the help.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Good topic! Looking for a dot for my PDP-F, and had not heard of the SCS. Only thing holding me back is that lack of shake-awake. Hmmm.

Otherwise, these guys have a pretty good summary of Holosun options, which I believe would require the RMR plate from Walther.

https://freedomgorilla.com/blogs/news/best-walther-pdp-f-series-holosun-red-green-dot-sights-adapter-plates
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#17]
SCS-PDP-GR
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoolEarl] [#18]
 Apologies for seemingly abandoning this thread. Got the SCS, mounted it, and have been very pleased. It looks as though the PDF-F was built with it as part of the piece. Lightweight and unobtrusive. A bonus is that it came zero'd from the factory.

Really like the reticle. Initially thought I would use the circle&dot almost exclusively, but as I have gotten comfortable with the sight I use the dot-only most of the time. Having the flexibility of three reticle looks is great, given that each one may be more suitable for certain conditions.

Brightness is as promised. Auto adjust works well. Not having to worry about batteries is nice, too. In fact, you don't really have to worry about exposing it to sunlight: the solar collector is super-efficient. After several months, much of the time with the unit in a case, there has been no degradation in performance.

Highly recommended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top