Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2023 5:36:25 PM EDT
I just picked up a CZ 75 Compact. My first CZ and I love it.

I am looking at replacing the grips. VZ has been my go to for 1911s and others, I do not have any experience with Lok Grips
Lok has palm swell grips but VZ doesnt.

Does anyone have a strong opinion one way or the other?
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just picked up a CZ 75 Compact. My first CZ and I love it.

I am looking at replacing the grips. VZ has been my go to for 1911s and others, I do not have any experience with Lok Grips
Lok has palm swell grips but VZ doesnt.

Does anyone have a strong opinion one way or the other?
View Quote

I have the palm swell bogies on an sp-01 and they are great. I had some VZ grips on a p-01 years ago, and I don’t remember them being lesser or higher quality than the lok grips.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#2]
VZ has 15% off this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've bought multiple sets of grips from Lok, and never had a bad experience.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Over the span of a decade or so - LOK by a mile. I’ve had several pairs of VZ early on that would shift, or flex after being installed, enough that you could feel it just by gripping the gun. Compact and full size.

I’m on my fifth pair of LOK grips and I have not had issues with any of them. Plus you can usually find coupons during the course of the year.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Lok is a great company to deal with if you have any questions about their grips. I went back and forth a few times and they responded quickly and gave me good suggestions.

They are my go to for aftermarket grips. I'm a big fan of the bogie texture. I have palm swells on my P-01 and 75b Omega. Standard bogies on my SP-01 Shadow. And thin bogies on my 97B.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 1:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Went ahead and ordered the Loks, thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
When I first got into CZ's, I bought VZ. Then Lok came out, and I switched to them. Through a series of events I ended up buying a pair of Hennings Group aluminum grips. The Hennings grips are the best CZ grips I've ever used. Thin, but not too thin. Extremely aggressive when you're holding the gun, but not so aggressive that they catch everything they touch (like clothing). And they look great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top