Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2020 6:26:36 PM EDT
Normally, veterans are not able to buy through the Blue Label program unless they are retired or unless they qualify based on being part of another category (LE, fire, EMS, GSSF, etc.). For the last several years, Glock has opened the program to honorably discharged vets from Memorial Day to Veteran's Day.

They have done so again this year.

"During the Salute to Veterans Discount Program the existing blue label qualifications are extended to any honorably discharged, active or retired veteran. You are eligible to purchase one Blue Label pistol through our LE Distributors or Sub-D Dealers from Memorial Day to Veterans Day. A copy of your DD 214 and valid driver’s license can be used as credentials at a local blue label supplier found using the dealer locator (https://us.glock.com/en/dealer-locator-usa) and your zip code."
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Just when I thought I was out...Glock pulls me back in.

Fortunately for my wallet the local Ace Hardware only has a very limited current stock of blue label guns: one 9mm of which I already have, a G36 (pass), and a bunch of G22's, G23's, and a G27 (pass on all).
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just when I thought I was out...Glock pulls me back in.

Fortunately for my wallet the local Ace Hardware only has a very limited current stock of blue label guns: one 9mm of which I already have, a G36 (pass), and a bunch of G22's, G23's, and a G27 (pass on all).
View Quote

Don't forget, you can order directly from Glock and have it shipped to your local dealer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Don't forget, you can order directly from Glock and have it shipped to your local dealer.
View Quote
Not for a vet.  Only for GSSF and regular blue label qualifications.  I emailed Glock my DD214 and they pretty much told me to fuck off and find a local dealer with inventory.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not for a vet.  Only for GSSF and regular blue label qualifications.  I emailed Glock my DD214 and they pretty much told me to fuck off and find a local dealer with inventory.
View Quote

Well, that's fucked up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's fine. There really is no benefit going through Glock over a local dealer/distributor. Glock's estimated timeline for getting a Blue Label gun delivered to your dealer is approximately 180 days regardless of model. Depending on model, i can normally get blue label guns to the store in 3-5 days. Maybe 20-30 days at the most for something out of stock.

Quick note: That is pretty much what it says on Glocks website.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
That is not my experience at all, I have bought blue label Glocks while active duty Mil and now retired for years. I have numerous friends who have done the same thing in North Carolina and Florida. Maybe your dealer had some wrong information on selling and I participate in GSS events over the years and have never heard that before. Just my and friends experience
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is not my experience at all, I have bought blue label Glocks while active duty Mil and now retired for years. I have numerous friends who have done the same thing in North Carolina and Florida. Maybe your dealer had some wrong information on selling and I participate in GSS events over the years and have never heard that before. Just my and friends experience
View Quote

Standard blue label requirements for Mil. year round are active duty, or retired from military. Only the active duty guys at my shop can get Blue Label, until they do this little allowance every year. The guys who sign up, do their enlistment, and then get out, do not qualify year round.

Basically, honorably discharged is different than retiring for blue label. This allows someone honorably discharged who didn't spend their career in to get the price break.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, that's fucked up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's fucked up.

As stated above, when going direct through Glock, it can take up to 6 months to get the gun. He can contact his Blue Label dealer, and they can order him what he wants and have it in shop in days, maybe weeks depending on Covid shipping and inventory at the warehouse. We do it all the time for guys who want something we don't usually keep in stock.

Glock telling him no, is because he is not normally eligible for this program, so if he qualifies during this time period, he has to find the dealer with what he wants, or can get.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

He didn't go to a blue label dealer, he went straight to Glock, which was the problem. If you order a blue label from Glock, you have to meet the regular qualifications for purchasing a Blue label firearm. Salute to Veterans purchases need to be done through a blue label dealer or distributor.

Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#10]
What models are available as blue label?
There's not a blue label dealer within 2 counties in either direction of me.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Pretty much any Glock can be purchased through Blue Label but I know the price is the same for Glock 44 22 LR as red label.   GT Distributing is a good source for Blue Label info and pricing.

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-firearms/handguns/glockr-for-le-military.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pretty much any Glock can be purchased through Blue Label but I know the price is the same for Glock 44 22 LR as red label.   GT Distributing is a good source for Blue Label info and pricing.

https://www.gtdist.com/products/guns-firearms/handguns/glockr-for-le-military.html
View Quote

Out of curiosity, have you seen a red label G44? G44s are normally white label since they have 10rnd mags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, have you seen a red label G44? G44s are normally white label since they have 10rnd mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

White label indicates capacity of 10rds or less. There is not a red label G44, 43, 43X, 48, or 26 out there.

https://glockcollector.info/2019/11/21/case-label-colors-what-do-they-mean/
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:39:02 AM EDT
[#14]
While the local Ace Hardware has a limited supply/selection of blue label Glocks there is a regular Glock LE dealer in Columbia (Craig's Firearm Supply). Sooner or later I'll get over there DD214 in hand.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#15]
That explains why they sold so quickly
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 2:36:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Well this thread cost me money. Got the last G29 the local dealer had.  Used a DD214 without issue.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your correct white label, old age strikes again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I made the drive over to GT Distributing's Rossville, GA / Chattanooga, TN store today and grabbed a G17 Gen 5 to go with my other Glocks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:50:19 PM EDT
[#19]
If I purchase online do I have to send it to a local blue label dealer or can I use my regular FFL dealer?
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I purchase online do I have to send it to a local blue label dealer or can I use my regular FFL dealer?
View Quote

If purchased from an online blue label retailer, I don't see why a standard non BL FFL couldn't handle the transfer. I'd call the company you plan on ordering from first to verify though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top