Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2022 12:08:15 PM EDT
Since I purchased my K6S I went through my stash and found a box of Black Hills Red Box 38 Special +P JHPs.  They appear to be loaded with either XTPs or maybe an older Gold Dot bullet.  Anyone have any idea about these?  I used to use a lot of Black Hills .223 match loads when I was shooting service rifle competition many years ago and had excellent results with them, so I'm guessing these 38 loads will be pretty good, even with the older projectile.

Thoughts?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That doesn't resemble any of the .357" XTP's I have, of course Hornady could of modified the design at some point without telling me .
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
those are SPEER GOLD DOT bullets
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback.

I asked because they are different from the current Gold Dots that I have in .357.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback.

I asked because they are different from the current Gold Dots that I have in .357.
View Quote

The 357 Gold Dots have a much shallower “hollow point” than the ones for 38 Special.  I’m assuming that’s a 125gr bullet?  Should be a decent load in that 3”.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The bullet looks like a Speer Gold Dot...
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The 357 Gold Dots have a much shallower “hollow point” than the ones for 38 Special.  I’m assuming that’s a 125gr bullet?  Should be a decent load in that 3”.
View Quote

Yeah, 125gr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top