Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2022 6:53:49 PM EDT
I have a old Glock weapon light that is really dim.  Is there a place to get an upgraded bulb like with maglights?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a old Glock weapon light that is really dim.  Is there a place to get an upgraded bulb like with maglights?
View Quote
@chucku

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=393
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 10:06:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this for nostalgia reasons?  If so, you do you.

Or is this just trying to make an antiquated optic more relevant?  Because if it’s the latter, you’re better off spending $120 and buying a Streamlight TLR-1HL or TLR-7 and getting a much higher quality optic that puts out better quality light.  And for that matter, just more light in general.

I have a box of old obsolete WMLs down in my man cave.  When a light gets so old that it’s obsolete and nobody wants it, it goes in the box and I just buy a new modern one.  I got some old stuff in there for sure going back to the late 90s.  Just because they exist doesn’t mean I’ll find a way to use them ever again, though.  Just not worth the money to put the light on “aftermarket life support” when better stuff is continually coming out.  

Food for thought is all.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
As said above buy a new light. I sold mine on eBay a year or so ago for decent money.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Do what makes you happy ... but ... sell the Glock light to a collector and buy a superior product.

Those Glock lights were never anything to be brag about, and have been vastly outclassed by basically every other product made since then.  For $119 you can get a StreamLight with 1000 lumens backed by StreamLight's FANTASTIC customer service should you figure out a way to break it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or is this just trying to make an antiquated optic more relevant?  Because if it’s the latter, you’re better off spending $120 and buying a Streamlight TLR-1HL or TLR-7 and getting a much higher quality optic that puts out better quality light.  And for that matter, just more light in general.

I have a box of old obsolete WMLs down in my man cave.  When a light gets so old that it’s obsolete and nobody wants it, it goes in the box and I just buy a new modern one.  I got some old stuff in there for sure going back to the late 90s.  Just because they exist doesn’t mean I’ll find a way to use them ever again, though.  Just not worth the money to put the light on “aftermarket life support” when better stuff is continually coming out.  

Food for thought is all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Food for thought is all.

Quoted:
As said above buy a new light. I sold mine on eBay a year or so ago for decent money.

This.

Find a collector type and sell it to them.  I sat on several original issue SureFire M500A M4 handguard lights until a collector finally saw them as "nostalgic" and bought them.

WML are fairly consumable since they do actually break and are constantly getting eclipsed in battery run time / battery variability option / throw / lumen / mounting methodology.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top