Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2020 2:33:41 AM EDT
I occasionally grab the heavy, cumbersome, unwieldy old beast I thought was so cool and had to buy over 30 years ago for my hike around the property borders.

I have a 1960s Ruger 44 carbine as a companion I recently fixed and got working.

I call it heavy day.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 3:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I now wish I would have kept my short list

of firearms. Looks good OP. 5.56 is all new to me, except

for BCT in 1971.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice stock on the Ruger!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice setup.  Is the Ruger one of the tube-fed variants, or the rotary magazine model?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice, dig the big blade also
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rincoln:
Nice setup.  Is the Ruger one of the tube-fed variants, or the rotary magazine model?
View Quote

It’s from the 1960s, tube fed,  I picked it up used, not working, a while back, with an unfinished, buggered up stock.  I repaired and finsished the stock, found a bolt for the gas tube, and it works great.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
People had heard me complaining about not being able to afford a Randall in the 80s when I was in the Rangers.  And how I splurged to get a real $40 Kabar instead of the 20$ Camillus clone.  I got the biggest Randall as a retirement present.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ramairthree:

It’s from the 1960s, tube fed,  I picked it up used, not working, a while back, with an unfinished, buggered up stock.  I repaired and finsished the stock, found a bolt for the gas tube, and it works great.
View Quote

Nicely done.  I always preferred the tube-fed model.  I've only ever had the chance to hold one of them.  Good find, and great restoration!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I still have one after selling the other many years ago. Wish I kept it. The Deagle is either a love or hate gun for most. I love mine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 10:43:28 AM EDT
[#9]
It’s definitely a gun for the range, or to sit in a tree waiting for a hog or deer kind of gun.

Not so much a carry around concealed or draw fast kind of gun
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ramairthree:
I have a 1960s Ruger 44 carbine as a companion I recently fixed and got working.
View Quote

So in all time I've been a member here, this is the first time I've ventured in the DE section and in the very first post I read, I find out about a Ruger 44 carbine I've never heard of! What's the odds? lol

Cool gun. I would have said I've never seen one but for all I know I have an just assumed it was a 10/22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top